Is price freezing working? (in Calamity Areas.)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dumaguete is on a State of Calamity and I guess other places may be too but This came up this Morning and it made me wonder if it is Adhered to :89: Anywhere in the  PI that may be in a State of Calamity? :huh: Somehow I tend to think that Shop owners may be privy to such orders before these States of calamity orders are issued. Certainly this particular one anyway "A" was saying that prices have risen in the last 2 weeks.:mellow: So I wonder.:89: 

Provincial Government of Negros Oriental

27 October at 18:07 · 

#FYI
DTI-NEGROS ORIENTAL ADVISORY
The Department of Trade & Industry has reminded stores within Dumaguete City, declared under state of calamity, to observe #pricefreeze for 60 days under the Price Act. As such, prices of basic commodities in the city must be frozen at their prevailing prices and should not exceed the suggested retail prices.(PIA NegOr)

Jasy asking  :whistling:

Edited by Jack Peterson

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Price freeze is another non-enforced law.  After Yolanda, on Leyte, prices of gas and water and other essential supplies went through the roof.  The wholesalers charged the same, but the resellers marked everything up to get rich quick off their fellow sufferers.  Crab mentality at its finest.  Why not go to the wholesalers?  Well you could but there was always a long line of "reseller" people waiting and by the time most people got to the front they were sold out.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Well you could but there was always a long line of "reseller" people waiting and by the time most people got to the front they were sold out.

"A" has found a way around this to a degree, when the "Company" have Large or Bidders meetings she visits early in the Morning to get the Supplies and being "A" Does her own purchasing at the same time:whistling: and sends our stuff via the Transport, BAD Yeah? but Hey! wouldn't we all do that if we could. :smile:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Hey! wouldn't we all do that if we could.

At the beginning of my experience in Yolanda I would have said no, definitely not.  I refused to try to use any privilege I might have to get ahead of the next guy in line.  By the end of the crisis it was:  Whatever ya gotta do man, because the next guy don't give a shit about you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1