2 hours ago, stevewool said:

Who starches there suits these days :89:

Funny you should ask.....remember the Chinese laundry of yesteryear

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 11/3/2017 at 11:50 PM, Jake said:

My early days as a young sailor adjusting to different time zones as we cross the Pacific Ocean, was very confusing for me.  I always had to triple check our current time because it normally advance one hour each day or every other day, as we approach western Pacific.  I didn't want to be late for my watch rotation.  Then you throw in more confusion when we cross the international date line.  Yeah, we skip a day -- usually Sunday, our normal sleep in days until 0700 vice zero dark thirty, our normal work day.  

And then you have to describe the time itself.  I always had to remember to add 12 to convert to military time.  So for example 1PM.....it should be stated as 13 hundred; two thirty AM is zero230; one minute pass midnight is 0001. Anyway, I pissed off my chief one day when he ask what is local time at our current position.  I sheepishly stated, it's 13 o'clock chief.  He just about had a cow.  It's like saying it's 16 o'clock or 23 o'clock.  I think I was polishing brass all day after that.  

Should have said It's 1300 o'clock huh?

• Like 1