Whale Shark Tour 2nd Person

Notright
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi there!

This website is awesome. I'm thinking of taking this whale shark tour near cebu but I kinda don't wanna go by myself. Has anyone done this tour before? Did you feel it was worth the cost?  Maybe someone might be interested in joining me?

(Link to Whale Shark Tour in Oslob removed)

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Hey there Notright.  I think a few of our members have done the Whale Shark Tour and enjoyed it.  Hope you get some feedback here.

Just FYI: @Jollygoodfellow (The admin) does not permit links in the first few posts a member makes so I removed your link to that specific tour but feel free to discuss all tours to see the whales and if JGF gives his permission then you can link to that specific one.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I lived not far north of Oslob for years, drove by it many times, but never would support it because they charge foreigners about double what everyone else pays, or at least they used to. I won't stand for that no matter how wonderful it is.

Also, to get the animals to approach the boats they feed them every morning or else they would move on and that would be the end of it. Some experts say that feeding these animals like this is harmful because it changes behavior and makes them dependent. Researchers are divided as to whether it's harmful, the ones making money on it tend to say it's harmless. Either way I wouldn't support it but I've heard many people rave about it. It's turned a sleepy little coastal town into quite a bonanza for some of the locals. 

• Like 5

davewe
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Notright said:

Hi there!

This website is awesome. I'm thinking of taking this whale shark tour near cebu but I kinda don't wanna go by myself. Has anyone done this tour before? Did you feel it was worth the cost?  Maybe someone might be interested in joining me?

(Link to Whale Shark Tour in Oslob removed)

We were there once. The only caution I would give is to make sure the weather is decent. We went out and there was so much choppiness that no one got off their boats and into the water. That is no one except foe me. I got about 30' from the boat and realized it would take all my energy to get back. So in short, while many people have had a good experience don't go unless the water is calm enough to easily snorkel.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've done it and loved it. The best advice I can give is get there early. They only have limited tickets and they sell out fast. Also all the resorts get access to the tickets so if you go by bus stay on past the main resort for about 100m and buy there. Less queues. 

• Like 2

Notright
Posted
Posted
On 11/4/2017 at 4:42 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hey there Notright.  I think a few of our members have done the Whale Shark Tour and enjoyed it.  Hope you get some feedback here.

Just FYI: @Jollygoodfellow (The admin) does not permit links in the first few posts a member makes so I removed your link to that specific tour but feel free to discuss all tours to see the whales and if JGF gives his permission then you can link to that specific one.

Wait why can't I put a link to that specific tour?? I wanted to know if that tour was worth the money. 

Notright
Posted
Posted

Dang my posts still need approval?! I know you guys want to fight spam but this seems a little excessive to me

Notright
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Five posts is not excessive. Some forums require 30. As for links, you posted it in your very first post. How do we know that you are not the tour operator looking for free advertising as it's been tried many times before so yes there is always a reason. :thumbsup:

It wasn't my very first post but really its not worth discussing your forum your rules. 

Moving on about the whale tour. I've heard they are cruel to the whales. Is that true or just the eco nazis at work again?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Notright said:

It wasn't my very first post but really its not worth discussing your forum your rules. 

Moving on about the whale tour. I've heard they are cruel to the whales. Is that true or just the eco nazis at work again?

Hey, it was your first post and if it was your second I dont care. If you dont like rules then I suggest move on because it is a battle  behind the scenes that members do not see. Example one new member constantly  posts one line crap waiting to be off moderation, but as an active forum admin I know that particulars member's  Email address is listed 3 times on what is known as "STOP FORUM SPAM"   ,which is a database of spammers. , so whether it is correct or not trust me we dont stuff around here.  

If you have a problem then PM me as I will set you straight. :thumbsup:

OK moving on, I dont know but generally anywhere that they feed animals whether it is fish or bears for tourist attraction then I guess someone is manipulating  the situation for gain.  

Edit

There is no reason a member can not copy and paste a particular tour without links.   :thumbsup:

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Edited by me