Duty almost done

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Just returned from Gloucstah Massachusetts  where we ate lobstah, yep.

My youngest daughter just got married.  So we missed this years trip to Fil.  Fe turns 62 next Aug. so the next 10 months will be spent finishing the home we bought...big downsize but still managed to overspend.  Will put Fe on the dole (SS) and try to start the build in Balamban next fall. She wants at least 6 months stateside mostly for friends and doctors.  Me makes not so much difference where but more with who and  a new adventure  sounds interesting.  Figue I' ve got a couple left. I love traveling with her.

I hadn't been to New England since the mid 70s so was a great trip.  Forgot the tides are much more extreme there. We went to a beach just south of Maine and it was about 18 feet.  here it might be 2-3.  Seems I was at a place in Canada with Mom and Dad in the 50s and they were like 60+feet.  Fe was more impressed with the lobster dinners 1.5 # $15  next night two over one pound 25.  $9 brought a huge serving bowl of mussels.  Strange the seafood there is much less then here. Gulf shrimp here are $8 # at dockside but in Chicago shrimp from here are $5 in store.

I will try and meet some of you next year    God willing and the creek don't rise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We attended a close friends wedding just outside DC two weeks ago. Lobster dinner with the works (whole fresh lobster) for $19.00! Here  near Seattle the price would be at least $50.00.

• Like 2