Phillhealth for existing members.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have just been down to the main Phillhealth office here in Dumaguete. I went there to pay for my own as I was under the impression that I was not covered on my wife`s policy anymore. I have been told there that anybody who was on an existing policy is still covered. I am still skeptical but it was straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

. I have been told there that anybody who was on an existing policy is still covered. I am still skeptical but it was straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

Yes Kevin this is what we were Told also, but don't let that membership lapse as it will then become a new membership and :Zap: Gotcha

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes Kevin this is what we were Told also, but don't let that membership lapse as it will then become a new membership and :Zap: Gotcha

Yes Jack but how I read it there was a clause I read(which I cannot remember what it was about) that seemed to indicate that I was no longer covered.We pay yearly so there is not too much chance of it lapsing.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

Yes Jack but how I read it there was a clause I read(which I cannot remember what it was about) that seemed to indicate that I was no longer covered.We pay yearly so there is not too much chance of it lapsing.

Kev, it will go round and round but as i now understand as long as present membership contracts do not Lapse then they stay as contracted.

The Memo from the Acting Boss was very badly written and misinformed many. I tend to feel this was a get us rich quick scheme to help them pay the colossal fine they received. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

there was a clause I read(which I cannot remember what it was about) that seemed to indicate that I was no longer covered

Yes, there were supposed to be big changes last June?  But it sounds like typical Philippine bureaucracy where it was a non-event.  I have never had Phil Health and I would be curious what they would charge me if I went to apply for it.  Nah, not curious enough to go and ask them :hystery:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes, there were supposed to be big changes last June?  But it sounds like typical Philippine bureaucracy where it was a non-event.  I have never had Phil Health and I would be curious what they would charge me if I went to apply for it.  Nah, not curious enough to go and ask them :hystery:

17000 peso he told me because you are not married a married man would pay 15000.

• Thanks 1

davewe
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I debated back and forth and finally signed up beginning of October. My wife already had a separate account but she signed up in August. It was always made clear that there was no way I could be on her account. I paid for just the 4th quarter of this year and then will decide in January if I want to get coverage for next year.

As to price, it's 17k/year.

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, davewe said:

It was always made clear that there was no way I could be on her account.

Under new rules yes but she could have been on yours :popcorn:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have just been down to the main Phillhealth office here in Dumaguete. I went there to pay for my own as I was under the impression that I was not covered on my wife`s policy anymore. I have been told there that anybody who was on an existing policy is still covered. I am still skeptical but it was straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

It worked for me.  I described my eye doctor visit in another thread (quote below) but did not follow up in that thread.  No problems using Philhealth.  I just gave them a copy of my wifes ID and MDR that has me on it, and I got the Philhealth rate for the tests.

On 9/5/2017 at 5:20 PM, OnMyWay said:

Any updates or actual experiences to report?

I kinda have a couple of updates.  My wife put me on her Philhealth at the beginning of the year.  I had my own before.  According to the bulletin, I should not be allowed to be on my wife's plan after the changes were in effect in June.

I have to get some specialized eye tests.  I contacted the place and the lady asked if I had Philhealth.  The tests would be 1200 with Philhealth and 5000 without.  I didn't know that Philhealth covered this type of thing.

I said I was on my wife's plan and texted her the info.  They can access Philhealth systems and she said she would get back to me.  A while later she texted back and said the Philhealth should be fine.

Unexpected surprises but I will find out for sure when I go there Thursday.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, davewe said:

As to price, it's 17k/year.

And that is the problem we face here contradictions in information they give us.He clearly stated to me that for a married man it was only 15k.Oh well such is life.