Phillhealth for existing members.

Clermont
Posted
Posted

What is the age limit before Philhealth can no longer be sourced, new account or cut off joining age.

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

And that is the problem we face here contradictions in information they give us.He clearly stated to me that for a married man it was only 15k.Oh well such is life.

PRA (Philippines retirement authority) foreign retirees is P15,000.00. The rest of us are 17k.

Now how you register with the PRA I don't know. I think it has to do with the SRRV visa.

Edited by davewe
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, davewe said:

Now how you register with the PRA I don't know. I think it has to do with the SRRV visa.

Yes it is.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Clermont said:

What is the age limit before Philhealth can no longer be sourced, new account or cut off joining age.

As it is free for senior citizens I assume there is no age limit.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted

Another interesting health care/cost topic and a bone of contention on many sites  and surely one/We have looked into in depth, We (Australia) like other countries have similar to Philhealth as well as private insurers, well mentioned in other and many posts,,,,,,,, I'm sure we pay about AU 4K or more for private cover and then some AU 4K to5K with medicare from earnings (personal tax rates) so say PHP 320K annually, I am sure an independent/non government health insurer would give a whole lot more for less than the 300K balance with pizzas delivered to the bed.

My experiences in Ph without any of the above, a foreigner, have always been dealt with professionally, extremely courteous and the cash cost 5/8ths of muck all, professionals and costs in PH are cheap compared to western standards and hey, there is or appears to be a care factor unlike Australian experiences. Philhealth has many and obvious benefits that can not afford to be overlooked for a measly 400 bucks a year, we spend that on cigarettes and grog weekly in Oz let alone food etc.

Philhealth puts/locks you into the system (status/name) and as a contributor, you will not be turned away legally, unlike other countries, a foot in the door for a princely sum of 400 bucks annually? Only how I see it, a cheap investment in our chosen country and as one gets older and can avail recognition, a very cheap investment.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I seem to remember that once you have paid for 10 years you become a premium lifetime member.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

The daughter of the Resort Manager where I have a beer a few days a week, told him that westerners were no longer covered and fee is 17k as reported here?  At the time she was attending a conference (they are very keen on these things in Philippines) and it was about that same topic.  Regional Health meeting.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 11/6/2017 at 6:31 PM, bigpearl said:

Only how I see it, a cheap investment in our chosen country and as one gets older and can avail recognition, a very cheap investment.

But remember your cheap investment does not give you much in return as Phil health do not reimburse that much.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

But remember your cheap investment does not give you much in return as Phil health do not reimburse that much.

My daughter was in Hospital in Dalaguete a few years ago.One doctor who was our next door neighbour waved her fee.When we got the bill and Phillhealth kicked in we had nothing to pay.I think the main advantage of Phillhealth is that  it will at least get the treatment started.

• Like 3

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Very true JFG but it's a start and a foot in the door especially with added private cover I would hope, something I have to study deeply and re read posts here and other sites related to this topic.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1