S & R Dau

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We did a 3 night staycation at Microtel MOA.  On the way home yesterday we stopped at the brand new S & R warehouse in Dau.  I renewed my membership so we could go in and eat pizza.  :SugarwareZ-037:

It opened in mid Oct. and it was packed!  However, they had all the checkout counters open so no lines to speak of.  What surprised me was that they are open until 9 pm, even on Sunday.

The place is huge, larger than Pampanga.  We cruised around for a while but will go back this week to take our time.  I bought a 6 lb bag of low carb Cytosport 100% whey protein for p3199, which is not a bad price for the Philippines.  Bot about a kilo of NZ rib eye steaks that looked nice, for BBQ tonight, for p629 a kilo.  They are probably grass fed as they don't have a lot of fat.  I didn't look too carefully but the USDA meats they had looked expensive, as expected.

They have a ton of Xmas deco that is not cheap but at least the quality seems a lot better than most of the junk you see here.  We bought some Member's Selection LED lights, that I think are Sam's Club, but I will return them because my wife thought they were blinkers and they are not.

They had a couple of Charbroil gas BBQs but I think they are overpriced compared to other outlets.  A big 3 burner with side warmer was p32,000 or something like that, over $600.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

The place is huge, larger than Pampanga.  We cruised around for a while but will go back this week to take our time.  I bought a 6 lb bag of low carb Cytosport 100% whey protein for p3199, which is not a bad price for the Philippines.  Bot about a kilo of NZ rib eye steaks that looked nice, for BBQ tonight, for p629 a kilo.  They are probably grass fed as they don't have a lot of fat.  I didn't look too carefully but the USDA meats they had looked expensive, as expected.

That price is very reasonable for protein.Do they have it in Strawberry flavour.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

That price is very reasonable for protein.Do they have it in Strawberry flavour.

I didn't check the flavours closely because I almost always get chocolate, which I grabbed.  They might have vanilla.  It is this one and I don't see strawberry on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Cytosport-Protein-Powder-Chocolate-Pound/dp/B00DKRTCOK/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1509941934&sr=8-1&keywords=100%2Bwhey%2Bcytosport&th=1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Bot about a kilo of NZ rib eye steaks that looked nice, for BBQ tonight, for p629 a kilo. 

These are terrible!  I tried to be careful with the cooking but they are tough as nails!  I can barely cut them with a steak knife and have chew them like cud.

I also bought some Montana brand ground "meat" patties because they didn't have any other patties I wanted.  When I went to cook them, I realized that the label says 100% meat.  Not 100% beef.  It now appears that they are a pork / beef mix and I should have realized it.  It does not say the ingredients on the label, which is not good.  I have not tasted them yet.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

:hystery::hystery: Should have bought Aussie beef, Kiwi meat is as tough as their football team, ( All Blacks ) :hystery: :hystery: ( Sweetness of cheapness never overcomes the grief of low quality, ) comes to mind.