Canned Cranberry Sauce?

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 11/9/2017 at 6:57 AM, Queenie O. said:

Hi JD,

I've purchased it from S&R in the past and I currently have a can of Ocean Spray cranberry sauce that I got months ago at Rustan's Freshmarket in Mandaue City. Both cans were the whole berry kind though. Nearer the holidays now one might have a better chance of finding a can, but it's not often seen around.

ASIDE: Queenie, I got some good news concerning my blog post from the other day regarding not being able to find my butter: Tonight at S&R there was a surplus of it!

butter_back.jpg

• Thanks 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
Just now, JDDavao said:

ASIDE: Queenie, I got some good news concerning my blog post from the other day regarding not being able to find my butter: Tonight at S&R there was a surplus of it!

butter_back.jpg

YES!! Thanks for the heads up JD!:smile:  I'm going to nearby Bogo City tomorrow, and I'll get some at the Metro if I can. Hopefully the stock is in all over. See that blue container there in the pic? That's the Anchor spread that I told you about. You could give it a try.:smile:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, JDDavao said:

If you have a balikbayan box being filled or some other shipment (visitor, etc.) coming from the US, Beaverton Foods (Beaver Brand) makes a killer cranberry "mustard".

A small world.  I grew up in Beaverton,  graduated from Beaverton HS and then went to Portland State University.  I remember occasionally driving past the Beaverton Foods plant.  If the wind was right, the smell of horseradish would be so strong my nose would start to run.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

YES!! Thanks for the heads up JD!:smile:  I'm going to nearby Bogo City tomorrow, and I'll get some at the Metro if I can. Hopefully the stock is in all over. See that blue container there in the pic? That's the Anchor spread that I told you about. You could give it a try.:smile:

Happy to help! I thought that was the spread you suggested when I saw it. I was too excited by the Lurpak, though, and picked up two.  I'll try it sometime, I'm sure. 

Heh. I'm "excited" over butter spread. Oh well, take pleasure where you find it. :smile:

• Haha 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mike J said:

A small world.  I grew up in Beaverton,  graduated from Beaverton HS and then went to Portland State University.  I remember occasionally driving past the Beaverton Foods plant.  If the wind was right, the smell of horseradish would be so strong my nose would start to run.

That's cool! I never made it to Beaverton when I lived in Seattle but I sure do like the mustards from there!

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I ran across bags of dried cranberries at the SM supermarket in Baguio. They were in the aisle with the baking goods. Love to add dried cranberries to my salads.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, earthdome said:

I ran across bags of dried cranberries at the SM supermarket in Baguio. They were in the aisle with the baking goods. Love to add dried cranberries to my salads.

I thought of looking for frozen cranberries and making my own sauce but I could only find strawberries and blueberries. If it comes to it, I might just buy dried cranberries if I can find them.

I knew I'd probably be giving up holiday dinners (and the holidays themselves!) as I remember them when I moved here. I am not overly sentimental. It's just lately I've become a bit more...wistful?

Castaway
Posted
Posted

This topic has made me hungry for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with a stuffed and roasted Turkey.

I guess that some of us have been able to prepare a stuffed and roasted Turkey over here in the Phils... but since I don't even own an oven, it's out of the question for me (at least for right now). :mellow:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JDDavao said:

If it comes to it, I might just buy dried cranberries if I can find them.

Or get some seeds imported. http://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/48620/cranberry-surprise-in-mandaue

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

That is the freakiest thing I've seen all week. Given that they're grown in bogs in the US, to see cranberry trees is bizarre! Thanks, good sir!

• Like 1