Remembrance Day

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 11/11/2017 at 11:57 PM, Jake said:

I'm a Vietnam veteran, where we fought on two fronts.  At times, the home front was even worse, coming back and facing the public's outrage.  And now we have needless deaths that happen during peace time operations.  Those 17 sailors (USS McCAIN and USS FITZGERALD) need complete closure for their families to finally know the truth what actually happen.  Unfortunately, I don't think the final chapter will ever be reveal.  Human error is just too embarrassing for the US Navy to accept.  Such loss of life wasted at the prime of their youth and energy.

In our golden years, many of us have been thrown under the bus from time to time.  But we survive -- only to face some grave danger, just around the corner.  I am not too optimistic about the saber rattling between NKorea and US.  I believe the United States is becoming more divided, less united.  I ask you, are we better off on a global scale?

For those that gave the ultimate sacrifice in blood, may they rest in peace.  For those that are preparing to go to war,  all it take is one finger on the nuclear button for either side to start the madness.  How should we grieve then.....for the dead and dying?  

I will certainly give thanks on Thanksgiving Day......for making it thus far.   Respectfully Jake 

There is a new mini series out by Ken Burns called the Vietnam war, it's apparently a must see ,it's seen through the eyes  of the soldiers ,haven't seen it yet but it's highly recommended 

• Like 1