Back a week and its rice

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I bought two 10 kilo bags of rice last week and about half of it is already gone.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I began buying and cooking rice regularly months and months before my girlfriend at the the time got to the US to become my wife.

Throughout my childhood, the only rice I'd ever had was Uncle Ben's and that was served with butter and sugar on it! I can't believe I eat at least some every day now.

Gator
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, stevewool said:

.........but i think chips is on the menu for me tonight, a few chip butties yum yum yum.

Accompanied with malt vinegar and a pint or three? 🍻 

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 11/10/2017 at 11:20 AM, stevewool said:

there in the saucepan was this bone with a lettuce leaf and a few potatoes floating

This sounds like it might be a form of bulalo. A carabao (or beef) bone broth soup. We make that often here in the US using beef soup bones with a lot of meat on them and some veggies like pechay or baby bok choy cooked in a pressure cooker. Very good and healthy soup.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, earthdome said:

This sounds like it might be a form of bulalo. A carabao (or beef) bone broth soup. We make that often here in the US using beef soup bones with a lot of meat on them and some veggies like pechay or baby bok choy cooked in a pressure cooker. Very good and healthy soup.

My mother-in-law just made a version of this last night for our dinner. We use the shank "chops" they have here. You get meat around a circle of bone in which the center is filled with marrow. Last night's version had pechay and green beans in it.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well all i can say is that Emma must have cut most of the meat of that bone before i came in, when we was in Dubai and with many other people we went to a restaurant where they had this soap and everyone but me went crazy for it  , i just had the lettuce leaf a few potatoes and lots of bread .

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Pet peeve for me, Fighting with food :huh:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, stevewool said:

when we was in Dubai and with many other people we went to a restaurant where they had this soap and everyone but me went crazy for it 

Soap? Edible soap in a restaurant, amazing :hystery: 

soap.jpg

• Haha 1