The ugly embarrassing foreigner

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Notright said:

I don't understand why Western Expats seem to hate each other so much.  The Filipinos know it too which why almost every gold digger I've encountered will tell me some sad story on how an American/European treated them in order to garner my sympathy. 

Well, you can start by not giving much value to what, as you say, 'Gold Diggers' tell you.   As far as expats hating each other. Not that much, really.  Many of us are here because we are 'fed up' with the West. Had more than our share of 'drama' back home and just would rather not hang out with other Westerners that much. And, yes, it's true a small % of expats make the majority look bad, and we do talk about it sometimes. So what?

Edited by CoffeeRulzMe
  • Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Sometimes you need forms to let people know that they are being judged by their counterparts. The clue was in the title " The ugly embarrassing foreigner". As opposed to " All foreigners are ugly and embarrassing."

The term foreigner takes in a lot of countries and some of those countries have stereotypes. Fortunately so far from the ex pats that I know most blow those stereotypes out of the water. Sure there is the exception in every group and sometimes it takes others to highlight what they are like before they realise. Some have had sheltered upbringings or are used to being told they are the best by people to weak to tell them the truth. I've met one that other ex pats have warned me to stay away from due to his attitude yet when he started it with me I've put him in his place and pointed out he is being a dic@. The following day he's came into the bar and apologised. He'd been having issues and rather than facing them had bottled it up and let his frustration out on others. He's actually a good lad.

I'd also hazard a guess that a lot of ex pats in the Philippines are ex forces or used to high pressure jobs and less used to pussy footing about subjects so say it as they see it. It's not being disloyal to other foreigners if anything it's showing that we recognise decent guys from idiots. I've also seen certain members of society sticking together when there's something beneficial to them but when there's nothing in it for them they wouldn't cross the street to help you out.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Notright said:

I never see whites hanging out in groups. 

Dadsay out 2.jpg you should get out more, these are members and later I put up and even bigger gathering

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Dadsay out 2.jpg you should get out more, these are members and later I put up and even bigger gathering

Holy crap!!!! are you telling me I am....... white??? :hystery:

• Haha 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Iput up and even bigger gathering

7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I never see whites hanging out in groups.[ from the OP's post]

So my friend here we are, all caucasian.:wink: just to be PC here:unsure:

PEF meet Nov 2017.jpg and all good Friends very little argument between us :thumbsup: certainly nothing that has been suggested in the Opening Post:console:

Jack:smile:

morning all

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

these are members

And they are all smiling.  :SugarwareZ-005:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And they are all smiling.  :SugarwareZ-005:

If you look at the 2 pictures of Ynot and chin loong you are wearing the same clothes,I don`t mean to be a fashion pooper but Dave come on.:hystery:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

If you look at the 2 pictures of Ynot and chin loong you are wearing the same clothes,I don`t mean to be a fashion pooper but Dave come on.:hystery:

OUCH.jpg

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

If you look at the 2 pictures of Ynot and chin loong you are wearing the same clothes

Oh my, I didn't know you cared Kevie dear.

Trivia point:  Did you know that Rodney Dangerfield wore the same white shirt, jacket and red tie on his first few tv performances because he had nothing else decent to wear? People like it. It became his signature style and no other comedian would wear that style as they did not want to be accused of (poorly) imitating R D.  He died rich and famous.  :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Kevin I'm curious, after a few beers you guys start swapping clothing? I've been out drinking with Dave and Tom so I know how they can be.:shades:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2