Your favorite brand of bacon that is widely available in Philippines

Clermont
Posted
Posted

No Jack, this was just thin strips smelt alright, about 1" wide plenty of fat, 1/4 thick and even looked alright, but when it hit the bottom of the tummy it did a loop and amid tables and chairs going everywhere, I just made the WC.

Clermont
Posted
Posted

By the way, when I go over there, Ill have my own stirrup pump ( brine Pump ) I won't be caught again, also good for corned meats.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Clermont said:

No Jack, this was just thin strips smelt alright, about 1" wide plenty of fat, 1/4 thick and even looked alright, but when it hit the bottom of the tummy it did a loop and amid tables and chairs going everywhere, I just made the WC.

:89:   We call that Streaky [sic] bacon and is normally  for wrapping on other food or laid on top of some dishes, Sounds like you may have an intolerance to fat or it did not agree with something else you had at the meal, Shame as I am a lover of bacon & to read this, it wants to make me tell Azon to double check fat on bacon when buying.

• Thanks 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Ok, so if its not a "branded" product then is it just "Kevin The Butcher"'s bacon?  If so I can just pop round his house and get some.

It is branded 'Tins', never heard of it before but when cooked it tastes like... bacon. Also says 'Another quality product by Belcris' so might be their own brand?

20171115_091958.jpg

20171115_091747.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Wow.  AlwaysRt you and Jack are right again.  If the bacon is like those pics that is so lean I would need to add fat to fry it!  Love that.  Gonna get some next shopping day (Now watch them say No Stock :hystery: )

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

(Now watch them say No Stock :hystery: )

:89: Never known them too But.......................:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

"Happy Shopping" and hope to hear another Satisfied Customer for them :thumbsup:

BTW I also understand that  the Negros Organic Shop opposite to BI does open bacon never tried there but......... You never know EH?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
russellmania
Posted
Posted

I bought some Landers store brand bacon in the Ref meat section. Oh it looked sooo tasty in the package and i wanted to give it a shot. Got home put a few in the oven and boy was i disappointed. It tasted more like fried lard or bacon fat and was paper thin. Im about to give up on western style bacon being found here in cebu city.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

russellmania: experiment, buy a bit of middle pork, salt it down if you haven't got a brine pump, put it in the fridge for a couple of days in a brine, remove and let dry out for a day in the fridge. Find some good sawdust and make a smoker, imagination needed for making a smoker, don't hang the meat to close to the sawdust. let the smoke ( no flames ) smoke the bacon. little outlay, nothing ventured, nothing gained, Google smoking bacon. Hope this helps.