Eating to much

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Now let's get a few points across before I start this thread.

One , my wife is not fat.

Two, I did not say she is fat.

Three, I know I am not tactful enough.

It's been a week or so since Emma came back from a trip to see the family over in the Philippines and if any members here did see the pictures she placed you can see that eating was top of the list each day.

Well since she has been back I have noticed her plates of food are getting bigger and bigger.

Yesterday she made the usually rice that could feed a army for a week, and she came into the room to eat her first helping, well with the belly pork hanging of the tower of rice I had to say something, Emma why are you eating so much just take your time you don't have to compete with others now you are back here in england, well I just got the laugh and the hehehe and that was it.

Anyway I came home from work last night and yes all that rice had been eaten and the belly pork so I just had to say, you are eating to much .

BOOM , I saw my life pass right in front of my eyes with the look and the words that came from her mouth, DU YA THINK AM FAT,I am not saying that at all as I cowardly walk out of the kitchen with all those knives hanging in there.

Well after a few hours of silence the sound was broken from Ems, wad du ya wanna eat?. Nothing was my reply partly as I was not hungry and partly as I was angry.

I just cannot get around to how much she can eat plus the rest of the family, this was not like it before she went on holiday so I am thinking it's just getting back into some sort of routine again.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

I just cannot get around to how much she can eat plus the rest of the family, this was not like it before she went on holiday so I am thinking it's just getting back into some sort of routine again.

Could be that generally the Filipino eat several small meals and now she is back in the UK she is eating less meals but more on the plate. :89:

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, stevewool said:

just cannot get around to how much she can eat plus the rest of the family, this was not like it before she went on holiday so I am thinking it's just getting back into some sort of routine again.

Steve, maybe she was homesick for her family and the happy, holiday, familial meals she shared together with them. Those two comfort foods were possibly helping her to slowly make the transition.. I don't think any woman would listen to that kind of food policing.  She'll find her own way.

8 hours ago, stevewool said:

8 hours ago, not so old china hand said:

• Like 5

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

Last night my girlfriend's 4 year old son was eating rice with a tablespoon and had it piled so high he couldn't fit the spoon in his mouth. Could it be that young Filipinos are taught to eat fast or go hungry.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Happyhorn52 said:

Could it be that young Filipinos are taught to eat fast or go hungry.

There is a lot of truth in that I think, Our Daughter complains that when she comes (Like 15/20 mins after being called) there is not much good stuff left The helpers and MUM have done and just leave me to my own. First up best dressed, First to table best fed was the Motto in our house of 12 when i was kid

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think it's all in the genetics. My partner is slim and only about 5ft tall. She eats twice as much as me and sleep is her main activity of the day yet she weighs about 45kgs and I work out 2 to 3 times a day, sleep for about 6 hrs and I'm over twice her weight. Life can be so unfair. :89:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

She eats twice as much as me and sleep is her main activity of the day yet she weighs about 45kgs

Young one?  I usually get about 3 years of 'em staying small when they eat like that and they they start to pack on the pounds.  What's her mother look like?

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Young one?  I usually get about 3 years of 'em staying small when they eat like that and they they start to pack on the pounds.  What's her mother look like?

Her family have good genes.

• Like 1