PHILPOST. I am amazed Today

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:smile:In another Thread we spoke about Philpost and is terrible service but either backsides have been kicked or a new Boss in Post [pun intended] I had a near heart attack yesterday when my  smaller GIBRALTAR pension providers bank mailed me to say that they had received the original Declaration of Life for October 2017 Had arrived.

It took 3.5 weeks to get to me arriving on Nov 4th, duly completed and Notarized on the  7th of November  and sent Registered mail on the 8th. Yesterday being the 15th november that is only 7 days :wow: can this be getting better or am I still in Cuckoo land and just had a freak streak of Luck But then:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Maybe the ASEAN summit had a bit to do with it? :89:

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have had no problems with Phillpost.It can be slow but it can also be fast I think it depends when you post from here as to how fast it gets there.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I had to send some information to Human Services in Australia last week.  Snail mail takes 3 weeks (too slow), no Air Mail option I was  told, sent EMS and cost 1200 pesos for 2 pages in a giant plastic bag????  Could not work that one out.  I tried to fax it (they won't accept email dehhh?) but no fax machines in Bauang/San Fernando that have o/s facility???

Registered Mail was going to take up to 21 days (too long)???/ Did I get stiffed?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Registered Mail was going to take up to 21 days (too long)???/ Did I get stiffed?

:89: Don't know about Stiffed but they are not telling it straight, of course there is Airmail, we are on one of 7007 Islands. IDIOTS springs to Mind:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

They just want you to do the dearest thing they have. As I said I am amazed at what has happened this time, Normally at this time of year I sometimes need to use Courier but 2.300 piso for one sheet IS taking the Piss. :Mad:

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, mogo51 said:

I had to send some information to Human Services in Australia last week.  Snail mail takes 3 weeks (too slow), no Air Mail option I was  told, sent EMS and cost 1200 pesos for 2 pages in a giant plastic bag????  Could not work that one out.  I tried to fax it (they won't accept email dehhh?) but no fax machines in Bauang/San Fernando that have o/s facility???

In the US there are online fax services. You upload the documents to be faxed enter the phone number and poof your fax is sent. There are a number of free services that let you fax a small number of pages at no cost. I used this while in the Philippines to send a fax to a US phone number. Perhaps there is a similar service in OZ you can use.

Edited by earthdome
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have had no problems with Phillpost.It can be slow

Yes slow is the word. Here in Cebu city I had to send a letter, "registerd" as I call it to the just another part of the city. It takes 2 weeks to deliver? Since it was registered and the scum was not there to sign for it then it did come back to me eventually another 2 weeks or so later. This was back in about January.   

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Don't know about Stiffed but they are not telling it straight, of course there is Airmail, we are on one of 7007 Islands. IDIOTS springs to Mind:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

They just want you to do the dearest thing they have. As I said I am amazed at what has happened this time, Normally at this time of year I sometimes need to use Courier but 2.300 piso for one sheet IS taking the Piss. :Mad:

Yeah I thought that would be the case. Jack.   I just thought they may have gone to the other islands on row boat????

• Haha 1