13A Marital Visa.

insite
Posted
Posted

A question :

Are you permitted to work in the Philippines if you have a 13A visa and if so what , if any , additional documentation or permits are required ?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, insite said:

Are you permitted to work in the Philippines if you have a 13A visa

So long as you have that 13a you are a permanent resident.  That means you are permitted to work, although there are some jobs that only Philippine nationals are permitted.  As far as paperwork is concerned, I would discuss that with your potential employer as I am convinced they would have to get you a T.I.N. and enroll you in SS and PhilHealth at a minimum.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

You will also likely need a barungay clearance for some strange reason only be known to Filipinos.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

You will also likely need a barungay clearance for some strange reason only be known to Filipinos.

This is to prove your Address, Known to all  especially those that need the proof, ie, LTO BIR and DTI if you want to start a Business + the Dole office to complete your paperwork, if you want to work :whistling: 

insite
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your answers - What I am actually considering in more along the lines of a self employed professional consultancy - is this permitted under the 13A visa ?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, insite said:

Thank you for your answers - What I am actually considering in more along the lines of a self employed professional consultancy - is this permitted under the 13A visa ?

That my friend would dependant on the exact term Professional, ie, Doctor, NO. Dentist. NO Lawyer. No, I hope you get my point, Also of course whilst you can Work for the Owner, you yourself can not own more than 40 % but if it is in the field of online things or import and export, none of this would matter anyway. If you feel like telling us just what you intend, I am sure we all (Well those that can tell you more about things.:wink:

insite
Posted
Posted

The activity is as a consultant engineer.

It is not intended to trade as a corporation but rather as a sole trader - is this permissible ?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, insite said:

is this permissible ?

If you are not getting a lot of replies it is probably because not a lot of us know about that situation.  Many of us have heard about the difficulties of a foreigner doing business in Philippines but we also know of some foreigners with businesses.  So best I can do is help you with your research.

Check out this link and notice that the first guy in the comments had a similar question to you.

http://mpm.ph/register-a-sole-proprietor-business/

The response seems to suggest it is easier if you are just doing business as an individual rather than using a trade name.  Registering a business name brings its own set of problems as in this link

http://www.bnrs.dti.gov.ph/web/guest/faqsfiling

Be SURE to read section B of that as you are not a filipino.

That should be some help. Good luck with it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Thank's Dave, I read your links that will concern me and my plans when I finally arrive, they take out a lot of confusion around some area's. Just one question, how the bloody hell do you keep up with all the questions concerning topics and legalities in the PI's, no disrespect intended.  :thumbsup:  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Clermont said:

Just one question, how the bloody hell do you keep up with all the questions concerning topics and legalities in the PI's, no disrespect intended.  :thumbsup:  

Ah Good Question and Dave "H" no doubt will give his answer but for me, it brings up something that raises it's head every now and then.

"Boots on the Ground" is a term I certainly use a lot and YMMV (Your mileage may vary) but one thing for sure is we (Those Living Here full time) Just have to be on top of current legislation and law changes as they happen so frequently and at a moment's notice sometimes (Especially when we The Foreigner is involved)

Many Arguments, Spats, call them what you want  start because those that do not actually live here try and tell those that do how it is because it says so on a Website (PI Government can be so out of date) or even :hystery: FB ) Web sites are good for the general situation but you just have to make sure it is up to date (Many are not)

For me and I am not really a Surfer, is to listen (Read) a question and maybe research for a new answer from Last time it was  asked We all tend to put in our 10 cents on bits we know and then Dave has a knack of finding the right place to bring it all together. It is team work in a nutshell

That's me Folks :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1