Where to Live

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

So I take it HOA's or similar in The Philippines aren't covered by corporate governance laws and local state regulations on bi-laws like they are in many countries in the West?  In the Australian example body corporates are registered organisations and their structure, behaviour etc is governed by law and when it comes to the extreme are enforced in The Magistrates courts.

http://attylaserna.blogspot.com/2013/10/ra-no-9904-magna-carta-for-homeowners.html

How stringently this is followed I would not know but I think it will answer a lot of Questions. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

So I take it HOA's or similar in The Philippines aren't covered by corporate governance laws and local state regulations on bi-laws like they are in many countries in the West?  In the Australian example body corporates are registered organisations and their structure, behaviour etc is governed by law and when it comes to the extreme are enforced in The Magistrates courts.

Yeah, had a moment of extreme naivety...  I think I already knew this. 

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Filipinos love laws so they probably exist. Filipinos love flouting laws so they won't be enforced unless an advantage is seen.

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Now--where to put that house...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Queenie O. said: