Report Corrupt Tourism Company & Police in Oslob

Notright
Posted
Posted (edited)

I had a very disturbing incident happen to me in Oslob yesterday. I went to see the whale shakes. I was having some difficulties on the way with my now less than signifcant other on the way. I asked the driver how much to cancel and go back to Cebu? He said he had to talk to his boss. When we got there the owner said there were no refunds (as is usual) I agree and I got to pay and the clerk asks for 50 pesos more than we agreed to. I say forget it just give me my money back. He starts yelling and cursing and I yell back. He calls the police my companion offers to pay the 50 pesos to settle but the owner declines. He said that he didn't like my attitude. The tourism police convinces him to refund 4000 pesos. He refuses to refund all of the money because he said the transport is 4000 which he says is the transport from Cebu to Oslob one way. That's a pure lie. I go to the regular police station and file a complaint. The owner then says he wants to file a complaint and have my 'ass' deported blah blah. I tell him I will file a complaint with the tourism board and ask him he would like me to dial the BI for him. The police officer then says I need to sign a compromise agreement that I won't file a complaint with the tourism board and he won't file a complaint with BI. I said I'm not afraid of BI. The officer says if I don't sign they will detain me. I reluctantly sign. I still want to file a complaint as I feel the signature is under duress.

My questions are: Where should I file the complaint? Does the Philippines have a duress nullification statute? I also want to complain about the police for their corruption.

Edited by Notright
  • Sad 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, MikeB said:

Filing a case, though sometimes necessary, is an absolute last resort. The deck is stacked and it's not in your favor.

I have seen how the deck is stacked involving 2 expats in Dalaguete.Let it go it will be like opening a can of worms and it is highly unlikely that you will get justice.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Frankly I'm shocked this happened to you. Just how long did you plan to stay in the Philippines? :cornflakes:

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Notright: you've asked for advice, read it, let it sink in, go and have a beer then forget it, then scroll through the forum, there's lots of injustices written in here and I haven't read one yet that says they've had a win over the system. :thumbsup:

• Like 5