Report Corrupt Tourism Company & Police in Oslob

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I should have worded my reply different. I meant if he took you one way then might be hard to get another fare to return. :thumbsup:

FXs, which go by other names in other provinces, are the point-to-point long distance tranports that cost more than buses, and aren't as slow or uncomfortable as the more local jeepney runs. The large vans can be special trip,  one-way chartered, but they will charge you a round trip cost, like if its late at night and you missed the last bus. The cost is high then. It happened to us once,  and the operator wanted so much, that it was cheaper for us to buy dinner, pay for lodging and breakfast, take an early morning bus, and still save quite a bit.

Usually the vans operate out of terminals or shared loading points. They only charge one-way, do flag stops, and wait at the arr. dest. for a new load of passengers going back the other way from whence they had just come.

• Like 3
  • I'm Confused 1

• 5 weeks later...
Notright
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/19/2017 at 3:14 PM, Mike J said:

Your significant other was trying to keep you out of trouble.

The tourist police was trying to get you out of trouble AND was able to convince the owner to give you at least a partial refund.

The police tried to find an equitable solution between you and the owner to defuse the situation and keep you out of jail.

Now you seeking advice on how to turn a disagreement over 50 peso into some kind of major incident with the courts.  A battle you would certainly lose.

Life here for expats with a low tolerance threshold just does not work out in the long (sometime even short) term.

Are you sure you want to live here in the Philippines?:89: 

How was my significant other trying to keep me out of trouble? Where did you read that?  The equitable solution is to make the thief return ALL of my money since he's the owner cancelled the tour. Why should he get to keep anything if he's the one that cancelled?

I can't believe so many people upvoted this answer. Oh well...

Edited by Notright

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Notright said:

How was my significant other trying to keep me out of trouble? Where did you read that?  The equitable solution is to make the thief return ALL of my money since he's the owner cancelled the tour. Why should he get to keep anything if he's the one that cancelled?

I can't believe so many people upvoted this answer. Oh well...

What I get from your posts is that you are the one causing the problem.

1 you cancelled.

2 you demand a refund.

3 you get the police involved.

What do you expect coming here demanding what you see as your right.

• Like 4

Notright
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

What I get from your posts is that you are the one causing the problem.

1 you cancelled.

2 you demand a refund.

3 you get the police involved.

What do you expect coming here demanding what you see as your right.

This is what happened:

I had a very disturbing incident with a whale shark compsny I booked a whale shark tour with this company it was for 8000 php and I was assured that it was to include transportation and any and all expenses. The driver picked  my companion and myself up at my hotel and asked me for 500 php for gas. I felt this was unprofessional but I gave him the money anyway. I asked to cancel the tour but they said it wasn’t possible since everything was already booked. This is common in the Philippines and so I accepted that.

When I arrived I began to pay for the rest of the tour and they added 50 pesos for a ‘transfer fee’ of photos. This irritated me since when I booked the tour the owner’s wife assured me that there would be no additional fees. The owner began to argue and curse at me. He called the tourism police I agreed to pay the 50Php just to resolve it but the owner declined since he said he didn’t like my attitude.  The tourism police made him refund 3k which means he got to keep 4000 pesos stating that I had to pay for the transportation from Cebu to Oslob.

We all know it doesn’t cost 4000 pesos to go from Cebu to Oslob one way. I went to the main police station to file a complaint. The owner also went and said he was going to file a complaint to have me deported in order to intimidate me. I said I wanted my 4k back or at least he could keep the true amount of transport from Cebu to Oslob or I would file a complaint with the department of tourism

When I arrived I began to pay for the rest of the tour and they added 50 pesos for a ‘transfer fee’ of photos. This irritated me since when I booked the tour the owner’s wife assured me that there would be no additional fees. The owner began to argue and curse at me. He called the tourism police I agreed to pay the 50Php just to resolve it but the owner declined since he said he didn’t like my attitude.  The tourism police made him refund 3k which means he got to keep 4000 pesos stating that I had to pay for the transportation from Cebu to Oslob.

We all know it doesn’t cost 4000 pesos to go from Cebu to Oslob one way. I went to the main police station to file a complaint. The owner also went and said he was going to file a complaint to have me deported in order to intimidate me. I said I wanted my 4k back or at least he could keep the true amount of transport from Cebu to Oslob or I would file a complaint with the department of tourism

1. The owner added an extra fee after saying they wouldn't

2. The owner starting cursing and cancelled

3. The owner called the cops

4. He gives a partial refund he keeps 4k saying that was the transportation from cebu to oslob one way. Which is bullshit since the tour was only 8k. That would mean the entire cost the tour would be to-and-from transportation. No businessman would make that deal. 

Edited by Notright
  • I'm Confused 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Best bet is to use this as a experience, tell your friends not to use this company and leave it at that, we all have lost something or paid that little bit more i am sure somewhere in the world, i know i have.

• Like 2

Notright
Posted
Posted

I appreciate the advise. I know you guys are trying to help. I just see it as if I don't stand against injustice that means endorsing it. I don't ever expect to see that money back. Frankly its not about the money. It was never really about the money. Its about doing what is right and principle for me. I'd rather be 'taken out' as one replier said than just be some punk who lets people treat me any kind of way they want to.