Report Corrupt Tourism Company & Police in Oslob

Notright
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Congratulations Notright on seeing sense. I like you get extremely infuriated with a few things over here but I've also had to bite my lip many a time. I'm now finding more and more that I'm advising others to put things down to experience and move along. 

If there's one things a lot of locals have in equal proportions to my frustration is their ability to dig their heals in, and sadly due to the nature of the beast foreigners very rarely come out looking good.

Corruption and the crab mentality is rife here. For many if they can make money at the expense of others they will, whether it's a lawyer promising to sort legal issues out, real estate agent getting you a deal or some police helping you out of a tricky situation. Even simple things in life here when you ask to get them remedied you will get the answer "Yes Sir" then nothing changes. It gets to the stage where you realise you are one against an army. You may change one persons attitude but there's a thousand others ready to step in and replace that person.

I don't have the link but there was an elderly New Zealander killed a couple of months ago after trying to treat a land dispute as if he was in a first World country. He bad mouthed a Mayor, the police and locals and was demanding people got fired for being unprofessional. A few bullets later in broad daylight and the issue was solved.

This is the link maybe? 

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11897039

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

You need a different tool kit to get things done here. Most of my home country standard  Operating System doesn't work here due to local glitches, bugs and gremlins.... so I let my reliable, time-tested and capability proven Pinay design and engineer our lives in this country. I only advise from the shadows and finance things. My life is peaceful as a result and I enjoy my life here. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe I've just forgotten all the troublesome things I've experienced over the years but erased from my memory chip. :computerrage_40_anim_gif:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Notright said:

We all know it doesn’t cost 4000 pesos to go from Cebu to Oslob one way.

But you agreed to pay P8000 and arrived in Oslob so he then wants P4000 after you cancel. If you did not cancel it would have cost you  P8000.

Notright
Posted
Posted

OMG really? Okay I asked to cancel. They said no. I accepted that. Then after I got mad over the 50 pesos he cancelled because he said he didn't like my attitude. The owner is the one to cancel not me! 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Notright said:

OMG really? Okay I asked to cancel. They said no. I accepted that. Then after I got mad over the 50 pesos he cancelled because he said he didn't like my attitude. The owner is the one to cancel not me! 

Not from what I read. You got to Oslob, you only paid half fare as you did not return, end of story. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Taxi fare from Cebu city to Dalaguete is 2500 one way Oslob whaleshark watching is further.

Notright
Posted
Posted

19 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not from what I read. You got to Oslob, you only paid half fare as you did not return, end of story. 

Then you need to re-read it before you make comments like that

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Notright said:

Then you need to re-read it before you make comments like that

:shock_40_anim_gif: Another today? Oh-dear-youre-new.jpg that's not the way to talk to our leader when he is already in a bad mood

Just saying My Friend:smile:

• Haha 1

Notright
Posted
Posted (edited)

IDGAF. He's a tyrant it seems. What's he gonna do kick me off of an internet website of which there are billions more? OOooo I'm shaking....

Edited by Notright