"Frozen Shoulders" (can't sleep all night)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I have never been a good Sleeper since I was a teenager and as I get Older it seems worse but just lately, it is worse than ever. I spoke to the Doctor about this only last week  while I was getting my 6 monthly check up and following her advice it is no better, I get "Frozen Shoulders" during the night that wake me up and that is it until I actually get up. Although I do not visit a Gym I do exercise Daily out on the Terrace, and walk miles with the Dogs.

I have no (Well little) problem lifting Things that involve my shoulders yet at night when relaxed it starts. Just dull aggravating dull pains that  just will not let me lay in a comfortable Position. I have tried all sorts from changing the Pillows to putting something (Like a rolled up towel under my Shoulders) But :571c66d400c8c_1(103): alas, no effect. All my recent tests came back Good so it can't be anything Bad or the Doctor would have picked it up :smile:

Anyone suffer and have a remedy? :mellow:

Jack:huh:

Morning All :photo-109:  (:89: Hmmm could it be the Coffee too late at night, I have tried to No beer thing after 7.30pm)

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Lots of info on the net, there's even a forum for it, some say cortisone relieved it, some say not.

This article has some remedies that may help. Hope you feel better.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Sounds like lack of blood circulation. Or did you upset your wife and ended up with the cold shoulder treatment ? :whistling:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Are your shoulders actually cold? Or are they locked stiffly or numb? You used the word frozen.

I would see another doctor and have your upper back and neck image taken. Do you get a feeling of mild electrical like numbing in your neck going down your arms?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Are your shoulders actually cold? Or are they locked stiffly or numb? You used the word frozen.

I would see another doctor and have your upper back and neck image taken. Do you get a feeling of mild electrical like numbing in your neck going down your arms?

No Old, it is as the link Mike put up, very Factual to the problem. Purely I think, a Muscular problem I will do as the Link suggests although a lot I am doing already, the "FROZEN SHOULDER" thing is a term used for this and a lot of other things. Have a Look at the Link when you have time and it says it all but thank you for the Reply :thumbsup:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I missed the link, thanks.

I see your problem Jack, don't get any older. If you can't do that I suggest you lift a number of chilled 12oz weights until you feel better.... or don't feel anything at all. Can't ever remember exactly how that goes. :89::7500:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Reading Mike's link, I noticed one of the remedies is "1. Get acupuncture."

Have you tried acupuncture, @Jack Peterson ?  I am interested if you go for it and how it works.  I may not have frozen shoulder but I do get aches and pains that I associate with age and to date I just take an Ibuprofen and I'm fine, but acupuncture sounds interesting.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Reading Mike's link, I noticed one of the remedies is "1. Get acupuncture."

Have you tried acupuncture, @Jack Peterson ?  I am interested if you go for it and how it works.  I may not have frozen shoulder but I do get aches and pains that I associate with age and to date I just take an Ibuprofen and I'm fine, but acupuncture sounds interesting.

I can't take to much pain relief or certainly Steroids because of my  Medications but if things do get worse I may try Acupuncture (Did we ever discover a good Clinic?) just see how it Goes for now:smile: 

• Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I can't take to much pain relief or certainly Steroids because of my  Medications but if things do get worse I may try Acupuncture (Did we ever discover a good Clinic?) just see how it Goes for now:smile: 

Jack certainly please do try acupuncture, I have had amazing success here. Not sure but would presume there is a clinic in or around Dumaguete, no fun not being able to sleep.

Keep us all posted Jack. 

• Thanks 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, RBM said:

Jack certainly please do try acupuncture, I have had amazing success here. Not sure but would presume there is a clinic in or around Dumaguete, no fun not being able to sleep.

Keep us all posted Jack. 

RBM, acupuncture helped me at many times in the States, and would suggest that for Jack too as a possibility. Chiropractic too.  Out of curiosity I've tried to find an acupuncturist in Cebu but with no success.  Where did you find yours, and does anyone familiar with Cebu have any knowledge of one? Chiropractic is in Cebu in two places I know of though. Two helpful treatments if one needed them.

• Like 1