"Frozen Shoulders" (can't sleep all night)

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, RBM said:

Jack certainly please do try acupuncture, I have had amazing success here. Not sure but would presume there is a clinic in or around Dumaguete, no fun not being able to sleep.

Keep us all posted Jack. 

RBM, acupuncture helped me at many times in the States, and would suggest that for Jack too as a possibility. Chiropractic too.  Out of curiosity I've tried to find an acupuncturist in Cebu but with no success.  Where did you find yours, and does anyone familiar with Cebu have any knowledge of one? Chiropractic is in Cebu in two places I know of though. Two helpful treatments if one needed them.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Chiropractic is in Cebu in two places I know of though.

I have talked to Jim at the lower level of Ayala (Chiropractor) and he offered to refer me to an acupuncturist.  I never followed up on it but you many want to.  BTW, Jim is having his Christmas sale now.  10 visits for 12K if you buy now.  Good any time.

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Jack, 

No coffee after around 5PM might be helpful, but that may or may not be the case. Probably wouldn't be doable for you, but I find a couple of aspirins when I'm restless at night, will help me drift off to sleep right away.71H8-fSNGZL._SX355_.jpg  

Tiger Balm ointment, (the RED variety,) rubbed on the affected area before sleep, might relax and warm that spot and over time heal. If one reads all the endorsements on Amazon--they'd be surprised how many have been helped by it. This particular ointment, seems to contain cinnamon along with other herbs that can be very beneficial. I've had a sore knee here at times and after applying it at night, the next morning I'm much better. It has a soothing, camphor like smell that dissipates quickly, and it's not sticky like other muscle rubs.  I think it's great, and it helped my sister-in-law who injured her calf a while back too.

I've seen it here for sale at S&R, but also Watson's and Mercury drug. I think that each container is about 100 pesos each. I think you should give it  a try. It has been around forever! 

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have talked to Jim at the lower level of Ayala (Chiropractor) and he offered to refer me to an acupuncturist.  I never followed up on it but you many want to.  BTW, Jim is having his Christmas sale now.  10 visits for 12K if you buy now.  Good any time.

Thanks Dave. I haven't had the need to go there yet, but if you ever hear from him about one, I'd love to get that name for future reference if I needed one. Not sure if you or anyone already knew this, but there is a new clinic branch of Chiropractic at SM Seaside Mall in Cebu. It's called Mabuhay Chiropractic--I guess a branch now in Cebu, but well known in Manila and surrounds I haven't had to avail of their services yet, so don't have any first hand experience with either, but good to know about if need be.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

RBM, acupuncture helped me at many times in the States, and would suggest that for Jack too as a possibility. Chiropractic too

I would give this guy ago. Seems to work. 

• Haha 5

jimeve
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I have never been a good Sleeper since I was a teenager and as I get Older it seems worse but just lately, it is worse than ever. I spoke to the Doctor about this only last week  while I was getting my 6 monthly check up and following her advice it is no better, I get "Frozen Shoulders" during the night that wake me up and that is it until I actually get up. Although I do not visit a Gym I do exercise Daily out on the Terrace, and walk miles with the Dogs.

I have no (Well little) problem lifting Things that involve my shoulders yet at night when relaxed it starts. Just dull aggravating dull pains that  just will not let me lay in a comfortable Position. I have tried all sorts from changing the Pillows to putting something (Like a rolled up towel under my Shoulders) But :571c66d400c8c_1(103): alas, no effect. All my recent tests came back Good so it can't be anything Bad or the Doctor would have picked it up :smile:

Anyone suffer and have a remedy? :mellow:

Jack:huh:

Morning All :photo-109:  (:89: Hmmm could it be the Coffee too late at night, I have tried to No beer thing after 7.30pm)

Try drinking 4 or 5 bottles of red horse

• Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

There is a an American Chiropractor in Dumaguete let me know if you want his number.

• Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 11/19/2017 at 9:13 PM, Queenie O. said:

RBM, acupuncture helped me at many times in the States, and would suggest that for Jack too as a possibility. Chiropractic too.  Out of curiosity I've tried to find an acupuncturist in Cebu but with no success.  Where did you find yours, and does anyone familiar with Cebu have any knowledge of one? Chiropractic is in Cebu in two places I know of though. Two helpful treatments if one needed them.

My treatment was done in NZ sorry but unaware of any in Cebu although feel there must be several.  Queenie try our friend!

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, jimeve said:

Try drinking 4 or 5 bottles of red horse

Tried it, yes slept like a log and woke up in the Fireplace, Now I got a Stinking headache! back to the Drawing Board methinks :huh:

Jack:whistling:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Haha 4