Jkos

Hello all, another newbie...

Hello everyone, my name is Joe and I'm glad to have found this forum.

I am 36 years old and living in Texas now and have been married to my Filipina wife for 2.5 years, but no kids yet.  I've spent about 7 months in the Philippines so far when you add up the trips courting my wife and vacations since we've been married.

If our saving continues to go according to plan, we hope to retire in the Taguig area in a little over 7 years.  That's still a long way away, but it's encouraging to come here and see others who have done it.

Lately I've been working hard to learn the Tagalog language since we plan on staying in the Manila area. I'm still not great, but have made a lot of progress and have a lot of time to learn between now and finally moving to the Philippines.

So, what percentage of the regulars here on the forums are currently living in the Philippines vs. planning to move there in the future?

• Like 2

Welcome Joe. 

I'm not going guess the percentage but the majority of active members here do live as full time Expats in Philippines.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Jkos.  You will find the members here to be a friendly bunch and willing to answer any questions the best they can.  You will be very surprised how fast that 7 years will fly by.  It certainly was for me and my wife.  Learning the language before coming over is a great idea.  I think the majority of the people posting live here in the Philippine but I would not hazard a guess at the actual percentage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1