Electrical outlet tax ?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Just for interest, I asked the builders why they do not add more and they gave me some kind of BS about a tax for every electrical outlet they put in the place.  It may explain why so many houses are built with only a few outlets.

Well that is a new one on me But........:89:  When we submitted our Plans from Polaris for electrics we were told what was safe. 3 times we had to submit to the City Engineers before they accepted the Final Plans on Electrics, they explained Overloading must be considered, so safety in numbers for outlets, We even put in the plans the IT & telephone Outlets, That they liked. We also had to provide a list of the Typical Equipment we would Purchase : i.e TV's and stuff, Maybe these corporate Builder shave a way around these things :whistling: whist I remember, they even told us the size on the Control panel to Install to cope with all this.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Just for interest, I asked the builders why they do not add more and they gave me some kind of BS about a tax for every electrical outlet they put in the place.  It may explain why so many houses are built with only a few outlets.

Whilst the term tax may not be correct Dave, it is true that the electricity supply company, when providing a new supply to a new property, do levvy a charge for each outlet. That said, we are talking hundreds rather than thousands of pesos - hardly worth worrying over in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

Whilst the term tax may not be correct Dave, it is true that the electricity supply company, when providing a new supply to a new property, do levvy a charge for each outlet.

:89: I am going to leave this over until I have had a reply from the Metering & accounts Section of Noreco II who I have asked for an explanation on this. Noreco II is the Electric provider of Negros Oriental Southern Section. Just to say here that  we do need to get to the Bottom of this because many here are building or starting to soon. 

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
split topic
  • Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

My local provider is Socateco, they too levy a charge per outlet when they inspect.

• Thanks 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Well this is a very enlightening subject.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I am going to leave this over until I have had a reply from the Metering & accounts Section of Noreco II

So having been and Talked! It is a misconception that charges are made per outlet & Light. When you change from Working power to Regular power the Company will inspect, they count your Outlets and Light Units and prepare a Deposit Request  (Which they use from the inspection to gain a near enough gauge of usage per month) based on that inspection, This deposit is against delinquent payments of accounts. It really is as simple as this. Yes you will be asked for money but it is a Deposit, Refundable after 3 years providing there are no consistent No Payment of Bills, it is OUR Money not theirs, So as long as they do not have to dig into that deposit you get it back. OK G & G's 

Jack:smile:

Morning All:photo-109: (Ha, No welder turned up so saved some lecky Today)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, virginprune said:

My local provider is Socateco, they too levy a charge per outlet when they inspect.

Seems like people here would just put one outlet per room... then after the inspector leaves add the rest ha ha.  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Seems like people here would just put one outlet per room... then after the inspector leaves add the rest ha ha.  :tiphat:

Yes mate but they have that covered you see, if the Bill is dramatically over the original Estimate for more than 3 months they will seek permission to re inspect. Then it starts.:mocking:

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I have 10x3 plug sockets inside and 3 of same on the exterior. Plus a well pump on a separate line. The only question regarding my usage was whether there was aircon, there isn't, no interest other than that on what I will be powering.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, virginprune said:

I have 10x3 plug sockets inside and 3 of same on the exterior. Plus a well pump on a separate line. The only question regarding my usage was whether there was aircon, there isn't, no interest other than that on what I will be powering.

That is about it mate. After I had A/C installed we were not at the projected Estimate so we are happy. I think a lot of it is if the inspector does not ask the right questions or we try and get away with things that a problem may arise.

• Like 1