High School in Baguio. costs, quality?

khill
Posted
Posted

Hi, new to this forum.  Wife is a Filipina, I am retired American, looking to get information about schooling before moving to Baguio.

Our daughter will be going into 9th grade next year, English speaker, knows a little tagalog.  Need to know what our 

options are for her education?  Any and all information, greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Brent International School is most likely the best. Don't know what it costs, likely pretty expensive. Here is a link:

http://www.brentbaguio.edu.ph/home/

khill
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info.  Checked there website and it is appx $7,300 plus extras.   Are there any other options?  

Gary D
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, khill said:

Thanks for the info.  Checked there website and it is appx $7,300 plus extras.   Are there any other options?  

If you want anything like a half decent education in the Philippines you are going to have to pay for it. On the whole eduction in the Philippines is an under achiever.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

If you want anything like a half decent education in the Philippines you are going to have to pay for it. On the whole eduction in the Philippines is an under achiever.

So you won't be staying then?Bad mood and attitude.jpg

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

So you won't be staying then?Bad mood and attitude.jpg

Your right Jack can't get out of here quick enough. Whilst I'm here prehaps we could also talk about your problem.

• I'm Confused 1

khill
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone for your input.  Have to get all my ducks lined up before we move there.  Have to 

look and save for the 4 year investment in her education, a good school is worth the price.  Has 

anyone had a child go to Brent or know someone, what was there opinion of the education?

Daughter is in some advanced classes now.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Gary D said:

Whilst I'm here prehaps we could also talk about your problem.

:hystery:homer and the thruth.jpgOh! there is no help for me, I have turned into a Pinoy:wink:

intrepid
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, khill said:

Thanks everyone for your input.  Have to get all my ducks lined up before we move there.  Have to 

look and save for the 4 year investment in her education, a good school is worth the price.  Has 

anyone had a child go to Brent or know someone, what was there opinion of the education?

Daughter is in some advanced classes now.  

khill,  I have an American friend here who has an uncle teaching in Brent.  However, I have no personal knowledge of any students at Brent.  We live in Sta Rosa Laguna and Brent is about 6km away from my home.  Our daughter attends DLSU School which is about 10 KM.  This is her second year there, now in the sixth grade.  She has adjusted well and all classes are taught in English except the local tagalog course. I would guess maybe 1/6 of the students are from mixed parents.  Mostly Asian but many from Europe  as well.  One of her classmates lives in Brentville which is a very high end subdivision.  However, her parents choose to send her to DLSU.  I was just there this evening dropping my daughter off and will fetch her later.  If I can, I will try to ask why they chose DLSU over Brent.  Might be as simple as the cost is about a third the price as Brent.  There are many good schools in the Laguna area to choose from.   With that said, you had first asked about schools in Baguio.  My last trip to Baguio from Laguna took six hours leaving at 4AM.  I have no knowledge of schools in Baguio.  Hope this helps a little.

• Like 1