Partridge has fallen out of his pear tree

virginprune
Posted
Posted

David Cassidy has sadly passed away at age 67. He brought pleasure to millions and was an idol to many teenage girls. RIP.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Just to give some details to his passing.  Here is one news article:

David Cassidy has died after being hospitalized for organ failure. He was 67.

His rep told E! News in a statement, "On behalf of the entire Cassidy family, it is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our father, our uncle, and our dear brother, David Cassidy. David died surrounded by those he loved, with joy in his heart and free from the pain that had gripped him for so long. Thank you for the abundance and support you have shown him these many years."

The singer, actor and former '70s teen idol is survived by his children, Arrow actress Katie Cassidy, 30; and son Beau Cassidy, 27.

David was hospitalized for kidney and liver failure last week, spurring his family to rush to his side. He was in need of a liver transplant, TMZ had reported.

http://www.eonline.com/news/894927/david-cassidy-dies-at-age-67-after-suffering-organ-failure

• Thanks 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Danny Bonaduce who played David’s brother on The Partridge Family hosts a popular morning music talk radio show here. He gave a heart full tribute to David that was quite touching.

• Like 3

Lou49
Posted
Posted

He better watch out for Charles Manson.

• Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

When I was young, parents watched TV and the kids watched what the parents did. I did not watch The Partridge Family in its first run but I was well aware of David Cassidy's pop fame (I had an AM radio of my own). 

Later, when the show was put into syndication and was on in the afternoon or even the mornings, I watched every Partridge episode over and over.

Along with many, many shows, and many other stars (some dead, some living), David Cassidy was a friend who came to visit a boy cooped up in the house via the wonder of television.

Goodbye, my old friend.

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Lou49 said:

He better watch out for Charles Manson.

I suppose they might pass on the stairs.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I was surprised to hear he already had alzheimer's.  He seemed a bit young for that.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I was surprised to hear he already had alzheimer's.  He seemed a bit young for that.

How young is OLD, when it comes to this ailment?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I think it is related to kidney and liver problems. What caused them is what caused alzheimer's from something I read but ??? 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

David struggled with alcohol that contributed to his early death.