It's a thanksgiving day to say today

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Thanks Queenie.  Very well said and I'm sure most if not all will agree with every piece of your statement of thanks.  Now, since my wife takes care of the turkey and ham, it is my duty to make the stuffing.  I need to get started so the oven will be free for her to be finished for dinner.  Guests arriving around 4PM.  Happy Thanksgiving Day to all who partake in this celebration and for those who do not, I wish you have another year filled with joy and peace.

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Im 55 and till this day have never really known what thanksgiving is about as it's not celebrated in Australia. Best I use my friend Google I guess. :smile:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Happyhorn52 said:

annual national holiday marked by religious observances

Are you saying this is a religious thread and JGF needs to lock this thread :Caught:

Just funnin' with ya.  Have a great Thanksgiving, although I don't know why they picked a Thursday.  A Friday or a Monday would give many folks a long weekend out of it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Are you saying this is a religious thread and JGF needs to lock this thread :Caught:

Just funnin' with ya.  Have a great Thanksgiving, although I don't know why they picked a Thursday.  A Friday or a Monday would give many folks a long weekend out of it.

A lot of people do get the holiday and the following Friday off. Of course, plenty of people don't even get the holiday off anymore.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

My grateful thanks Queenie for your gracious OP

In the UK we do not celebrate Thanksgiving day, however we do have a Harvest Sunday, showing thanks to God for plentiful crops.

We can't change history but we can learn from it's mistakes (Old55)

I will leave you with this thought...."Humility isn't thinking less of yourself; it's thinking of yourself less and putting others first"

(extract Word for Today)

Hope you all have an enjoyable day.......JB

8 interesting Harvest Festival facts you might not know

Edited by Kuya John
Added information
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2