Strange Cignal Billing

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I’m having a real bizarre billing thing with Cignal Satellite tv (Phils) and I’m wondering if any of the grizzled vets have any insight.

The last year or so I lived in the Phils I had the service, which was pretty good. We got it thru the local Cignal people in Argao, they had a booth in the market. When I left more than a year ago we contacted the local people and they came and removed the equipment and said we had fulfilled the contract and all was good. Every month since I receive an email with an attached pdf of an outstanding current bill from the home office outside Manila. It’s always a little different and always has a credit from previous month (paid) and a current balance due, as if it’s still being paid every month. The balance is ~1000p which is what I was paying. In the beginning I tried emailing them but, of course, no reply. I checked the 2 bank accounts I was using to pay the bills and there have been no debits except tax since I left.

I’m not worried about it, I could set up an outlook rule that would delete or junk email it, whatever. Just wondering 1) wth? 2) why did I bother paying when I was over there using it if I’m getting monthly bills for the past 1+ year indicating it’s being paid?

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I suggest that your name is on their book and although you paid them, it is for future reference as to what type of client you were if ever you want to reconnect with them . :thumbsup:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

No, the only thing that "sorta" makes sense is that the local cignal people didn't properly terminate the service w/Manila (shocking!) and whomever rented the house after us established service with them so although they pay the bill monthly through the local place the main records still indicate my name, acct#, etc and I get the email once a month. I'll just keep shaking my head and deleting.

cignal1.png

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, MikeB said:

No, the only thing that "sorta" makes sense is that the local cignal people didn't properly terminate the service w/Manila (shocking!) and whomever rented the house after us established service with them so although they pay the bill monthly through the local place

I was thinking along those lines, of if the bill is linked to the satellite box that you were using then the local Cignal people sold that box to someone who could not get an account in their own name so they are using yours.  I think "Manila" does not really want to know so long as the bill is being paid.  Of course if the bill in ever not paid or if you ever wanted service again they would ask why you did not tell them. 

• Thanks 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

if the bill is linked to the satellite box that you were using then the local Cignal people sold that box to someone who could not get an account in their own name so they are using yours.

Also a possibility.

1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

if you ever wanted service again

Extremely unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...
MikeB
Posted
Posted

Well, I just got an update on what the Cignal billing problem was (still is) and thought I would come back one last time to share it. My wife messaged the local Cignal people in Argao through Facebook and they responded. They said to disregard the bills (as if I wasn't already). The people who moved into the house we were renting got Cignal as well and the account name and information has not yet been changed in "the system" yet. That was over a year ago. I was right (for once). I could have called and emailed for years but good ole FB came through. Gotta love it.

Au revoir, everyone!

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, MikeB said:

Au revoir, everyone!

Thanks for the info but too bad you feel a need to say au revoir.  :tiphat:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Thanks for the info but too bad you feel a need to say au revoir.  :tiphat:

I guess Mike is leaving us AGAIN, sorry mike but................