Wait Just there Ems

stevewool
Posted
Posted

How does the saying go, " You can take the Filipino out of the Philippines, but you cant take the Philippines out of the girl ".

On my few trips to the Philippines it amazed me when trying to get a jeepney , Emma would just stand somewhere so stupid and stick her hand out and no matter what lane the jeepney was it would somehow get to where we was standing or it would just stop in what ever lane and we would walk across to it.

Anyway i have noticed since Emma has been back from her holiday she now seems to stand in silly places waiting for me to pick her up.

Now i am sure that where ever we are all from on this small planet the driving in our own country is so different to the Philippines we seem to have laws that many follow, plus there are that many cameras around that are ready to take your picture and fine you for stopping or parking and so on.

Anyway she rings me to pick her up and i see her on the road standing either at junction where you cannot stop or red painted lines, she sees me and starts waving, but i cannot stop right at that spot, her face changers when she sees me drive past and stop in a safe place , the when she opens the door and says something like "yack yack yack"???, and the look.

The same happens in supermarkets you wait her Em and i will fetch the car, well yes she is waiting on the drivers side for me to stop then she walks in front of the car to get to her side, now i wonder if she is doing this on purpose, as i do see a wry smile from her  as she passers by.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, stevewool said:

The same happens in supermarkets you wait her Em and i will fetch the car, well yes she is waiting on the drivers side for me to stop then she walks in front of the car to get to her side, now i wonder if she is doing this on purpose, as i do see a wry smile from her  as she passers by.

Poor old Steve,

Welcome to the Logic Club! ....Or should I say the no Logic

This is all quite normal..... my little darling has lived in UK 12 years and she still goes to get in the driver's side of the car!

I wouldn't mind but she can't even drive :Caught:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

It's all to do with walking distance, as many filipinos had lost the use of their legs they walk the shortest possible distance to the road edge and the jeepney/ tricycle/ coach stops in front of them.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Gary D said:

It's all to do with walking distance, as many filipinos had lost the use of their legs they walk the shortest possible distance to the road edge and the jeepney/ tricycle/ coach stops in front of them.

I have a word for the behavior it is "lazy" they have become lazy they will not walk around dog poo.

• Haha 1