Christmas is coming, what gifts

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I pretty much have my place decked out with lights already. Tree's up and decorated. Right now Em is running the sewing machine, making Christmas drapes. Sent the balikbayan box to her folks, now I'm shopping for mine. Just got Reboot Jr a dirtbike and carefully hid it in the garage last night, he will really like that but does it hit the pocketbook. I always seem to host the family and all that it entails. Lots of work to do. It's going to be expensive this year. It's expensive every year.

• Like 5

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Queenie O : That was a beautiful insight into your Christmas plans, and although you're in another country, good on you for keeping your childhood tradition alive. My wife says the monetary gifts will be more appreciated than actual material gifts. Here in Aussie we have solar Christmas lights, does the PI's have them. Thanks again for your wonderful post and Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I will help with my daughters presents but I will just give my wife some money then she can get what she wants.I think p500 ought to do it.

• Haha 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I will help with my daughters presents but I will just give my wife some money then she can get what she wants.I think p500 ought to do it.

CURIPOT:hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Clermont said:

Queenie O : That was a beautiful insight into your Christmas plans, and although you're in another country, good on you for keeping your childhood tradition alive. My wife says the monetary gifts will be more appreciated than actual material gifts. Here in Aussie we have solar Christmas lights, does the PI's have them. Thanks again for your wonderful post and Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Hi Clermont,

No solar lights here yet---but the led lights are a big improvement over the old ones! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas too, and a happy new year ahead. I realize now that maybe it's a white Christmas that I was longing for with my old snowman collection. It's easy to be nostalgic for snow when you don't have to shovel it!:smile:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well Emma has brought all the kids presents and all was at  discount prices too, I did ask her does she want me to pay half for all those gifts.

No was the answer, you can get the kids in the Philippines gifts, that is going to be cash I am told, plus then there is her father and her brother so it's all cash, now with Emma getting discount on all her gifts and me paying full price plus the transfer fee , I am sure she has pulled another fast one on me .

marine6357
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

It's easy to be nostalgic for snow when you don't have to shovel it!:smile:

That is so True Queenie. And hopefully this will be my last year of doing that.

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Jack if she doesn`t spend it all she can keep the change.So I am not a curipot.

:hystery: Tight Arse then :whistling:

• Haha 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

Here in my little neck of the woods Xmas means DRUMS DRUMS DRUMS......Non stop, when one awakes DRUMS, all day DRUMS...as one is drifting away in noddy land DRUMS.... As Xmas draws near we are interrupted with occasional BANGS how ever the persistent DRUMS win out in the end.....Cheap to make and nice in loud.what could be better....

This year enough....carols that start October and DRUMS....Off to NZ in a week.....Xmas without DRUMS I trust......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1