Negotiating how much?

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

This is true of many filipinas I agree but I wonder how many western Millennials who you asked the same question would immediately reach for their phone and open the calculator app .

And while us old farts do this in our heads easily the millennials will ask and ask again for the info because they did not simply listen, figures are easy, life is daunting. Coddle? Mother? Leave them behind to destroy and enjoy your life in the interim.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That would never work.  You have to let the seller come down to you as davewe described in his post.  All the buyer has to do is convince the seller that they are a buyer "at the right price" and keep saying no until the seller comes close to what you will pay.  I think Davewe should write a book on the art of negotiating as he has it down.

Sorry Dave H, but you're not getting a commission on the book lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

Is it possible to barter a brand new house down from 4.5M to 3M or is that span too big?

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Dr shiva:I think not, why don't you ask them to give it to you free. :morning1:

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Just been thru the process, private sale, purchased for 30% off asking price.  With interest free 5 year balance deal.  Too good to refuse.  Owner WAS desperate.  The only reason I considered it.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Is it possible to barter a brand new house down from 4.5M to 3M or is that span too big?

Short answer yes.  Long answer, depends on how motivated the seller is and how good you are at negotiating.  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

No two circumstances will ever be the same and this is Philippines so there are no rules.

Several factors to consider. First you are a Rich Kano that usually puts you at a disadvantage. Second some sales are inherited property with more than one person holding an interest this could be a good thing or not. Cash is king. It's nearly impossible to determine an actual honest value.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 11/26/2017 at 4:22 PM, Snowy79 said:

. I had no intention of buying them but offered 8.5m and had the offer accepted. In theory I could have bricked the door up and had 2 seperate apartments. I did my homework and decided I'd probably struggle to sell one of them as the individual apartments appeared to never sell. 

This fascinates me some what, why on earth would you make an offer to somebody trying to sell when as stated you had no intention of buying. if the shoe was on the other foot how would you feel? especially if the vendor was seriously trying to sell for desperate reasons.....I as a vendor would be horribly pi....off

• Like 5

bigpearl
Posted
Posted

"As the saying goes, ya gotta watch and learn."

As we do in any country and while bargains can be had generally as said prices are inflated to give bargaining power, every one wins. Maybe. A picture sits in my head from 40 years ago, not long after I purchased my first property at 17, an old man sitting in a chair with his walking stick. The caption reads " The young man waiting for property prices to fall".

The lot/house and lot is worth exactly what you pay for it and not a penny more, reselling 1, 5 or 20 years  later the same. While bargains can be had from a purchasers perspective this scenario requires a lot of research and patience, watch the market, do not ever get passionate, from experience there is a better deal around the corner on a superior property. 

Dr Shiva, only an observation and I may be incredibly wrong but to offer one third less on a brand new house? You don't need the angst and nor do the sellers, monitor for a year or 2 and see what the prices are doing over this period, a 10 year old house is more affordable if on a budget no different to buying a new car verses a preloved item.

Good luck with your haggling.

Cheers, Steve.

•