Globe internet down again.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 11/27/2017 at 7:23 AM, sonjack2847 said:

Here in Dumaguete I could not access the internet last Thursday Friday or Saturday.I went to the Globe shop on Saturday and they arranged for an engineer to come the next day.He told me that they had globe problems nationwide.I wonder how many other people in different areas than here had the same problem or was his explanation BS.It would be nice to know as I suspect his explanation was untrue.

you are probably right Kev, I have had the same problems with Lueco Fiber Optic, streaming very poor, watching Aussie races, but yesterday watched the cricket and it was very good.  Now according to the 'technician' a word they use very loosely here, the problem for slow streaming out of Australia is Telstra''s poor ping speed?  Well how can it be slow for races, then suddenly ok for the cricket???? 

Me things they are cranking us up Kev.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Howard said:

I have the globe Prepay LTE on my phone. I haven't noticed any problems with it in Metro Manila. I love the globe LTE but not the home wifi service, I had that a couple years back and I was lucky to get 1/3 MB download at 1:00 in the morning. If Sky is available in your area I highly recommend them for home wifi.

Sky has a bad reputation among some of my friends.They had it uninstalled and went with alternatives.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, mogo51 said:

you are probably right Kev, I have had the same problems with Lueco Fiber Optic, streaming very poor, watching Aussie races, but yesterday watched the cricket and it was very good.  Now according to the 'technician' a word they use very loosely here, the problem for slow streaming out of Australia is Telstra''s poor ping speed?  Well how can it be slow for races, then suddenly ok for the cricket???? 

Me things they are cranking us up Kev.

Yes Ron I think so also.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Sky has a bad reputation among some of my friends.

FilProducts, Sky, Globe, PLDT and all the piddly little companies like Sun and TM all have a bad reputation among some of my friends :hystery: but others like each of them so there is no one size fits all answer.  We just gotta suck it up :morning1:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 11/28/2017 at 12:59 PM, AlwaysRt said:

LTE is wireless, same as LTE on your phone. Come on up and have a look if you like?

I made inquiries about that plan and was told not available in my area.LTE on my phone? I have a job to do text messages haha.

• Like 1