How long until you found someone worth settling down for

Notright
Posted
Posted

So I've been in the Philippines since May (this time) and there's been plenty of guys that wanted a relationship with me but it was clear they were just looking for a sugar daddy so I move. I want to know for those of you who are happily settled down how long before you found (or were found) by the right person? 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Notright said:

there's been plenty of guys that wanted a relationship with me but it was clear they were just looking for a sugar daddy so I move.

Unless this is a typo, I see that you are looking for a man - man relationship.  That leads us to the reason many of us come here:  The filipinas seem to like foreigners as they feel that the male filipinos are spoiled brats (just my interpretation of what many filipinas have said).

I have noticed in many filipino families that the boys are indeed spoiled while the girls do all the chores and take on all the responsibilities.  They grow up that way.  So it does not surprise me that there are plenty of gay guys looking for a sugar daddy.  I wish you luck in your quest.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Try meeting guys through Filipinos you see on a regular basis? Perhaps a waitress or shop person you deal with could know of a nice guy. Many Filipinos enjoy being match makers simply say you’re having a hard time meeting a nice guy? Maybe they know someone?

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

It's taken me 3 marriage's and 30 years to find the right one , hope that helps you chose wisely.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm slowly learning it's all about compromise. Someone has to win the lottery but sometimes getting 5 balls out of six is OK also. I think I'll never find someone who ticks all my boxes but there'splenty out there that tick enough. The more you try the more you learn. :whistling:

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

I heard your chances get better if the girl (boy?) has less contact with other expats.  I'm going to try hanging outside of major cities.  

• Like 3

canadamale
Posted
Posted (edited)

for me here in the Philippines, the second times the charm. She is actually pouring a orange juice now. OOOPS she seems to have poured only one for herself. I will show her, I will walk to 7-11 for coffee. Magandang umaga my fellow expat forum members.

Edited by canadamale
  • Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, bows00 said:

I heard your chances get better if the girl (boy?) has less contact with other expats.

:89: You may have a better chance of hanging on to them rather than Finding them  Oooops.jpg But:whistling:

• Haha 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm slowly learning it's all about compromise. Someone has to win the lottery but sometimes getting 5 balls out of six is OK also. I think I'll never find someone who ticks all my boxes but there'splenty out there that tick enough. The more you try the more you learn. :whistling:

I agree Snowy--compromise is needed no matter where you might live.  Do you mean the more you try to compromise the more you learn or the more girlfriends you might have over time?!:smile:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

The question reminds me of the "How long is a piece of string" scenario. There are soooo many variables that I doubt there is any correlation between time and success. Not the least of which is if you are, as the OP seems to suggest, looking for a male partner. 

Anyhow, to answer the question, i guess it took me 47 years :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1