How long until you found someone worth settling down for

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

I agree Snowy--compromise is needed no matter where you might live.  Do you mean the more you try to compromise the more you learn or the more girlfriends you might have over time?!:smile:

Both :whistling:. Joking aside it's a fine line between compromising and getting taken advantage over here. It's the old adage of giving someone an inch and they take a mile. I'd certainly set time limits before committing over here as I've had plenty of experience of peoples masks suddenly slipping and the real person shows through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Unless this is a typo, I see that you are looking for a man - man relationship.  That leads us to the reason many of us come here:  The filipinas seem to like foreigners as they feel that the male filipinos are spoiled brats (just my interpretation of what many filipinas have said).

I have noticed in many filipino families that the boys are indeed spoiled while the girls do all the chores and take on all the responsibilities.  They grow up that way.  So it does not surprise me that there are plenty of gay guys looking for a sugar daddy.  I wish you luck in your quest.

Go to Australia, it is a free for all there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, bows00 said:

I heard your chances get better if the girl (boy?) has less contact with other expats.  I'm going to try hanging outside of major cities.  

I live in the provinces, life is good and there is no need for you to be lonely here. If the op is batting for the other side, from what I can see (with no interest) he will be well catered for.

• Like 2

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Notright said:

So I've been in the Philippines since May (this time) and there's been plenty of guys that wanted a relationship with me but it was clear they were just looking for a sugar daddy so I move. I want to know for those of you who are happily settled down how long before you found (or were found) by the right person? 

A year and then some for me, gold diggers pushed aside. Eventually you will find the one and then don't let go.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 28/11/2017 at 2:59 AM, Snowy79 said:

I'm slowly learning it's all about compromise. Someone has to win the lottery but sometimes getting 5 balls out of six is OK also. I think I'll never find someone who ticks all my boxes but there'splenty out there that tick enough. The more you try the more you learn. :whistling:

I like the way you put that Snowy, well said, ticking the right boxes is what matters, unchecked boxes are up for negotiation.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 28/11/2017 at 4:19 PM, mogo51 said:

Go to Australia, it is a free for all there.

No different to the OP's country and dozens of others; PH included. OMO but Notright is looking for something permanent, definitely not easy to find in any country no matter sexual preferences. I, and I am sure others wish him luck with his search, no different to those that have been through the same scenario since Adam came into being.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Well said Steve.

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Mogo 51 , not only free but legal now, went through parliament yesterday. No emoticon for this. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Clermont said:

No emoticon for this.

Google is ahead of us

gayticon.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Clermont said:

Mogo 51 , not only free but legal now, went through parliament yesterday. No emoticon for this. 

It only passed the senate, it's got to go back to the lower house to be ratified now. 

It's not law until after that happens.

• Like 1