SRRV -worth it or not?

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 11/30/2017 at 3:36 PM, bigpearl said:

Sorry JGF, perhaps I wrote that in the wrong sense, thought it was Contextual but to clarify, yes same sex marriage while not recognised in Oz yet may/or may not be accepted soon and if it is well and good for those that want to go that way (it's just a piece of paper in my opinion not so different to a de facto set up in most western countries. OMO)

I was saying that even if legally married/same sex couples in Oz or from another accepting country I have sincere doubts as to the credibility and acceptance of such within the Philippines with regards to their current laws. Foreigner with a Filipino national? As said this appears to have worked in our,,,,, no my favour/security to be honest. "So far, lol."

Cheers, Steve.

Here in Phils Steve, little hope I would say at best.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: I'll be there mate never fret

Thanks Jack, Make sure you have a few SMP's for me.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

All the reports I heard included un receipted costs. My mate paid just over 110000 peso 8 years ago. 

No free BJ's with that????

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

I hear you Steve, but 2.5% interest is not my concern, I get on average 12% with my industry super fund (a small fund amount) but helps.

Super is a different story as you well now Ron, My contribution earlier for 2.5% return was every day savings, My Super returns currently Doh, I just tried to hijack the post,,,,,,, as others do. Rules are convenient and sacrosanct, all others go to the back.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Did he confide in you whether any of those hoops included "non-documented costs"?  I am curious as this one be the first I have heard of where there all money paid has a legitimate receipt.  Assuming such is the case, many would like the know approximately how much he paid to get the quota visa.

I will see him tomorrow and ask him about it, hopefully I won't forget. Best I can remember he did it himself with no 'extras' but I need to verify that.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, bigpearl said:

Hmm, no need to private msg JGF as I have nothing to hide, this post is about or was about a Special Residence Retirement Visa and its value/s. Did it go wildly left field? I have been slapped many times for running off topic within an original post on this site and others and rightly so, as a simple newbie I am trying to grasp the politics and norms on this and other sites and oft times have to read and yes reread the entire posts and between the lines to ascertain credibility once questioned by another compatriot. At times we all need to digest the authors modus operandi as I am learning to do. (getting to know you).  Each contributor is an individual and gives their 2 bobs worth, quid pro quo? Or honest decent input?

Am I another statistic? I get annoyed with a double edged bias sword with no hope of recompense from the power/s that be. Once out goodbye with no defence. JGF, is this rhetoric or hyperbole? What is your beef with me?  Your constant trivial unlearned questions? The answers are there, read the post in it's entirety and stop second guessing. Attack no, defence yes.

Cheers, Steve.

6 hours ago, bigpearl said:

Slightly? 

Cheers, Steve.

I think you are just trying to push my buttons so only one thing to say to you

:merrychristmas: :hohoho_smiley: :santa_trumpet: :smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Ok,  he got his quota visa on his own 4 years ago. Total cost was p21,000 including application fee and i-card fee. Downloaded application from bi website, 2 months wait to schedule interview appointment, interview was in 2 days, 4 month wait for final approval. 

Hardest issue was bringing certified life 'CV/resume' outline with him to interview. He typed it up the day before the interview. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Ok,  he got his quota visa on his own 4 years ago.

My hat is off to this fellow.  I am sure it was more bureaucracy than I would want to deal with.  And now I know of one. :thumbsup:  Did you remember to ask him:

18 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

approximately how much he paid to get the quota visa.

davewe
Posted
Posted
On 12/1/2017 at 9:11 AM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

To most of us, those questions are tactless, and no ones business, and of course they would never ask such things in an US interview. But... this ain't the US! They know nothing of tact here.  :tiphat:

On the contrary. USCIS in the United States can and will ask whatever they want. When Janet and I were in for her green card interview, the officer looked at the documents and then looked at me and asked, "Do you realize there's a 35 year age difference between the two of you?" I stared at her blankly and responded, "Nope, I didn't realize. It never occurred to me." 

I assume Tim this was just a slip because we all know that US government officials and tact cannot be invoked in the same sentence lol.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Did you remember to ask him: approximately how much he paid to get the quota visa.

Did you remember to read my comment?

9 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Total cost was p21,000 including application fee and i-card fee.

:hystery:

• Thanks 1