SRRV -worth it or not?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Total cost was p21,000 including application fee and i-card fee.

OK I missed it the first time 'round but I see it.  I like it.  I wish I had gone for it 10 years ago but "everyone" said they had to grease palms to get it.  Seems like that is not always the case.  That is the cost of one year of tourist visas.  Holy crap thats a good deal.  Now if I was not so lazy I'd get right on that. :nudie:

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

OK I missed it the first time 'round but I see it.  I like it.  I wish I had gone for it 10 years ago but "everyone" said they had to grease palms to get it.  Seems like that is not always the case.  That is the cost of one year of tourist visas.  Holy crap thats a good deal.  Now if I was not so lazy I'd get right on that. :nudie:

From what he said 10 years ago an application 'without grease' would have rotted on the bottom of the pile. Then a new BI boss came in and swatted fixers away from the program and reduced the number of BI officers with authority to issue quota visas down to two. Another hurdle people who are interested will run into is the investment criteria. Similar to the standard SRRV you need to show a US$50,000 investment in the Philippines, unlike the SRRV, once you have shown $50,000 in the Philippines and you have your visa there is no requirements on the money or where it is. You do not have to maintain it in a specific account nor are you limited in how you can use it. Once you have received the visa you have a 5 year I-card and an annual p360 renewal.

• Like 2

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 03/12/2017 at 3:58 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think you are just trying to push my buttons so only one thing to say to you

:merrychristmas: :hohoho_smiley: :santa_trumpet: :smile:

A merry Christmas to you also JGF, and if I push the right buttons? Reciprocal mate.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 02/12/2017 at 10:25 PM, mogo51 said:

Here in Phils Steve, little hope I would say at best.

And little hope was once held in Oz.

Cheers, Steve.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

thanks  all gents for the information and along the way, I was able to get an answer to a particular point - thanks Steve.

Good to see the sharp pencils out of the pencil case. Cheers all.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Good to see the sharp pencils out of the pencil case. Cheers all.

Ron, sometimes ...............................

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, mogo51 said:

thanks  all gents for the information and along the way, I was able to get an answer to a particular point -

The good part of it from memory which might be shaded is that you came in with your wife and got the balikbayan privilege which allows you 12 months to sort the visa situation out.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The good part of it from memory which might be shaded is that you came in with your wife and got the balikbayan privilege which allows you 12 months to sort the visa situation out.  :thumbsup:

Whilst that is true JGF I have a elderly infirm mother who is knocking on heavens door, they keep telling me it could be anytime, but so far they can't find dthe key to let her in.   That is when the game will probably change.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ron, sometimes ...............................

I found the topic bringing things back to when I first joined this forum, there was great information coming in and I was most grateful.  

• Like 4

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Ron (mogo51) perhaps there is a point here, are your frequent visits to OZ only for your ailing Mother? If so perhaps just cop the extra fees if it is potentially short term, or if your many trips are business or social then perhaps consider the SRRV options. 

Wish you well as your situation with your Mother is heartfelt by all, been there like many others also. Hope you find some long term answers.

Warm regards, Steve

• Like 1