SRRV -worth it or not?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

from memory which might be shaded is that you came in with your wife and got the balikbayan privilege

It would be interesting to see how that is done if we were to remember this post . . .  Perhaps this is why the Op is telling us SRRV or Tourist Visa only and so many are going on about 13a's and Balikbayans without paying attention?

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • I'm Confused 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It would be interesting to see how that is done if we were to remember this post . . .  Perhaps this is why the Op is telling us SRRV or Tourist Visa only and so many are going on about 13a's and Balikbayans without paying attention?

Ah OK

I must've been thinking of someone else :89:

mogo51
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, bigpearl said:

Wish you well as your situation with your Mother is heartfelt by all, been there like many others also. Hope you find some long term answers.

Thanks Steve for your kind words.  They have had her in the morgue for the past 9 years now I think, but she is  like Berger paints 'she just keeps keeping on'.  Amazing woman in many respects, but a very sad scenario, zero cognisense or awareness of today.  60 years ago no problem.

But I also have a very dear friend back in Oz and like to get back and see him from time to time, so therein lies the problem.  Your information on the SRRV was very helpful and I may go that road in a few months, no hurry have bb for a year, might as well take advantage of that.  Pre coming with me next trip anyway.

This topic was a classic example of why this forum is very helpful to members, the information has been great.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I must've been thinking of someone else

Soryym, what is your point?

• I'm Confused 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Soryym, what is your point?

Nothing. I did not know your visa choices were limited. 

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Nothing. I did not know your visa choices were limited. 

Agree, perhaps with our regular contributors we, myself included should take more notice,,,, retain the info given by other members and moderators but hey we are all human and while I read Ron's (below) post ages ago forgot his situation as thrown up by yourself. Memory or research?

"Phil Health

Good morning all,   A question, can I join Phil Health when I arrive in 12 months or so.  I know my s.o. can but am I allowed as I cannot marry her as she is still legally married and divorce costs are out of the park.   If so, what is the benefits of doing so and is it suitable for us?  Will existing conditions be barred?"

Obviously why the SRRV scenario could suit Ron given frequent travel and current situation, This visa requires a lot of research to make sure it suits you particular circumstances and availability of retrieving your deposit what ever the amount.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, bigpearl said:

and while I read Ron's (below) post ages ago forgot his situation as thrown up by yourself. Memory or research?

Best to re read as it was not my post that pointed out the situation which I was clueless on as I dont read every post or topic and when suggestions are made in relation to visa's I guess it was assumed by most including myself that the OP could avail any type of visa.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 02/12/2017 at 10:12 PM, Jack Peterson said:

So very true But then, it is all about what the PI will let us Have, we can all have Ideas about what suits us and  then again, it is all about Money. YES?

Perhaps Jack, I suppose it depends on ones personal financial situation, frequency of exiting PH. Fluidity of the choice without multiple dramas that don't suit personal whims and needs. Being married to your Pinay gives many advantages and in a simplistic idealistic situation makes things easy but some cannot avail this course of action and look further afield, SRRV, SIRV, Non quota as JGF suggests and several other opportunities. "YES" the bottom line is bucks and what you get for them.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Best to re read as it was not my post that pointed out the situation which I was clueless on as I dont read every post or topic and when suggestions are made in relation to visa's I guess it was assumed by most including myself that the OP could avail any type of visa.

My ignorance JGF as I assumed Ron (mogo51) was married and on reflection given submitted posts by the same didn't read between the lines as you did not. Both as hefty contributors on this thread are guilty. Your research revealed this for all readers and why Ron is asking the questions, answer if we can and no suppositions. Obviously the questions were asked with meaning and a hunger for info.

BTW JGF; Gay marriage/equality was passed today in OZ parliament with a simple sign off from the Governor General. For me means diddly squat as not effective in PH. hence SRRV or SIRV for us. Good fortune to those Aussies fighting for this recognition for decades.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, bigpearl said:

Your research revealed this for all readers

Again I dont know why you are saying my research as I researched nothing.