Mindanao

Simonuk
Posted
Posted

Dear all ,

thankyou for your input, we have motorbike at the moment as are still trying to arrange shipment of my car from Dubai , but if a nightmare as taxes on arrival over 2m

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Simonuk said:

at the moment as are still trying to arrange shipment of my car from Dubai , but if a nightmare as taxes on arrival over 2m

Why not just buy a 2 Million peso car in Mindanao instead of paying that tax?

Simonuk
Posted
Posted

My car in Dubai Audi A7 , here could only get a Hyundai for same money..... my car purfect condition.......

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Simonuk said:

My car in Dubai Audi A7 , here could only get a Hyundai for same money..... my car purfect condition.......

:89: Hmmmmm you are going to have a big Problem in servicing and any parts for that A7 here in the PI, on Negros it would be Bacolod your nearest dealer CEBU do have one, But Hey this is a Boots on the Ground methinks, 2 mill p will get you a nice motor my friend. I presume you have scouted the Area you wish to go for an AUDI dealer ?

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Hmmmmm you are going to have a big Problem in servicing and any parts for that A7 here in the PI, on Negros it would be Bacolod your nearest dealer CEBU do have one, But Hey this is a Boots on the Ground methinks, 2 mill p will get you a nice motor my friend. I presume you have scouted the Area you wish to go for an AUDI dealer ?

26 minutes ago, Simonuk said:

Well, if you don't stick out like a sore thumb now, you certainly will driving around in an A7.  Good luck and stay safe.  If I were you and I wanted to drive an A7, I would do it in a safer area.  A friend has a house in Gen San, mainly for the wife's family.  He says everyone in town knows when he is in town or not, from the moment he arrives.  He no longer goes there, and he is somewhat of an expert on the security in Mindanao.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Simonuk said:

Dear all ,

thankyou for your input, we have motorbike at the moment as are still trying to arrange shipment of my car from Dubai , but if a nightmare as taxes on arrival over 2m

I'd double check on the taxes. When I looked to import a vehicle the starting rate was 100% the value of the vehicle. For luxury vebicles it may be higher. 

Straight from the government website: 

Are the imported vehicles subject to taxes and duties?

Yes. Whether brand-new or used, purchased or donated, the imported vehicle is subject to 40% Customs duty, 10% VAT and Ad Valorem Tax from 15% to 100% depending on its piston displacement. Its book value serves as the tax and not the purchase price nor the acquisition cost. The book value is sourced from universally accepted motor vehicle reference books such as the Red Book, Blue Book, World Book depending on the origin of the imported vehicle.

Edited by Snowy79

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

In short if you bought it for one peso they look at the book price and tax accordingly. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Simonuk

Since this topic is going off topic hence we are now talking about importing cars I may as well show you how the system works. 

Quoting

To quote part of a reply

quote 1.jpg

To quote a post

quote 2.jpg

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I live in Davao and have now for 3 years. I have walls and CCTV but then, even pastors buy insurance.

I've never had a problem. I've gotten myself worked up about kidnapping a few times,  especially after the incident on Samal Island, but then I looked at myself and asked, "Would I kidnap me?" And the answer was, "No way!" .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Simonuk said:

Again , I totally agree with you.... Davao the presidents city , 3 people were kidnapped from samal island last year. 

I do not show any wealth , we keep things simple , we have a very nice house but hidden with much security , high walls , electric fence high , rotweiller , CCTV and Burgular alarm with security . We also have security if we want , but have never needed.

Sorry Simonuk but your simple life speaks of wealth. None of that sh!t in Luzon, unless you want to impress the neighbours. Personally never been in your Neck of the woods but I will follow up on why and why not.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1