Power Induced Sexual Misconduct

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Firstly you are all writing about men`s behavior women also carry out these actions.If you behave in a good way and can live with yourself then you are not doing too bad.But this depends on where your boundaries are.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, davewe said:

"If men are honest, everything they do and everywhere they go is for a chance to see women."

Sounds like he is describing the stray dog that is always passing through my yard on the way to see his bitches.  :smile:

2 hours ago, davewe said:

Having just left corporate America, I can tell you there are environments where all you have to do is cut a loud fart and you'll be reported to HR. Corporations are now so terrified of lawsuits and bad publicity that they would rather fire the person immediately, rather than risk their corporate image.

I was going to mention this aspect too.  Same in the Corp. I worked for.  We started getting mandatory sexual harassment training on an annual basis in either the late 90's or shortly thereafter.  A lot of it was about encouraging the employee to come forward if they felt harassed.  There were some exec's that went down.

While that was going on in most of corporate America, it seems that certain industries were looking the other way:  Entertainment, film, media and politics.  Those are the industries where the "casting couch" has been a way of life since time began and many were willing participants if it could get them ahead.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, bows00 said:

The US news is currently flooded with incidents of sexual misconduct, stemming from the allegations on a Hollywood producer, and most recently, on a popular morning TV host.  It's a condition that has been around forever, where men of power take advantage of aspiring women... and this got me thinking of my near future life in the Philippines...

Bottom line... wealth and status is power... and that power brings out the best and worst of us all.  That power amplifies who we really are.  If you are a sexual predator, it gives you a sense of power to do whatever you please with women with a false sense of security that there will be no ramifications of your actions.  On the other hand, if you are truly a respectful gentleman, that respect will be mirrored, and you will be desired...

I read the responses and I see one thing missing.  There is a big legal difference between "workplace" behavior and "personal, outside of work" behavior.

Most of the current cases involve workplace behavior.  In the case of politicians, everyplace is their workplace.  Somewhat the same with any public figure.  They are held to a higher standard than your average Joe so they have to be extra careful in what they do at work or at some no name bar.

You said:

"In the Philippines, in most cases, the foreign expat is automatically labeled with wealth.   How will you use that power?". 

Again, this depends on the environment you are in.  As many here suggested, the playing field here is much different.  You may think expat wealth = power here, but I don't really think so.  Flaunt your wealth or do something bad to the wrong girl, and you could be dead.  Or, you can be easily played for your wealth.

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Moral is Keep it your POCKET :huh:

Yes but therein lies the problem Jack - they don't.

• Haha 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, davewe said:

As Jack Nicholson said, "If men are honest, everything they do and everywhere they go is for a chance to see women." Now all you have to do is replace the word "see" with - well, you know, and you've got the truth.

True Dave, but am assuming much of the original post refers to the big wheel movie director.  From what I could gather from reports (always dangerous), there was little doubt that a large part of his behaviour 'was criminal' ie. grabbing boobs, hands up dresses etc.  There is a statute of limitations in Australia for such offences but I am unaware of what is the situation elsewhere.   This is when such matters should stop.  Not somebody have a miraculous memory explosion, usually when they are short of a dollar!

Funny I have never heard of a man wanting to lodge a complaint about the same sort of behaviour by a female.  I have been waiting my whole life for it to happen, but alas!!!!

Edited by mogo51
typo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We have several nieces in there late teens early twenties and a couple of them are real hotties. One in particular has had workplace problems, i.e. being hit on by the boss, she left two promissing jobs through this. An aunt working in Macau took her there to work but she couldn't get a job as a domestic because the lady of the house would take one look at her and turn her down, couldn't trust the husband I assume.:hystery:

• Like 2

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted
On 11/30/2017 at 12:43 PM, bows00 said:

It's a condition that has been around forever, where men of power take advantage of aspiring women

What about the other side of the coin? "The Gold-digger" and "The Scammer" like we have here in the Phils. It is a well known fact that us men are biologically wired a certain way. It is our social mores that teach us to act and behave honorably toward women regardless of our urges and desires. There are just as many women who prey on successful men for various reasons. Whether to get ahead, climb the corporate ladder, status, etc. There are many YouTube videos that prank the Gold-digger and they are hilarious. I personally have no respect for a sexual predator, male or female. Power-induced-sexual-misconduct works both ways. A beautiful, drop-dead gorgeous woman has just as much power as a movie mogul, politician, CEO, etc., and they know how to use it.  History has shown us many successful and powerful men who have been financially and/or emotionally destroyed by beautiful women. 

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)

Interesting how Matt Lauer grilled Bill O’Riley recently, then he gets canned for even worse behavior.  

Heard they and a few of the other media / Hollywood big wigs, who also got the boot for sexual misconduct, are going to get together and form their own network. They’re going to report exclusively on sex related topics and sexual harassment in the workplace. It was reported they are gong to name the network PNN (Perv News Network), lol  😂.

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

WARNING RANT ALERT

As a father, grandfather, uncle or older brother, many of us have nurtured our daughters, nieces or younger sister to be more affirmative or teach them to "take no shit" attitude against the long entrenched culture of sexual harassment as they grow up in this man's world.  It is refreshing to see perverted douche bags finally making the news and hopefully some jail time to see their cell mate called "Bubba".  

If any perverted a$$h0le attempts to violate my grand daughter or any members of my family in any way, I would probably go to jail.  I don't care if he's famous, rich or powerful, including the one that brags about "grabbing poochy", he is going to bleed to death.

Enough said.......

Edited by Jake
spel chek
  • Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jeff R Us said:

A beautiful, drop-dead gorgeous woman has just as much power as a movie mogul, politician, CEO, etc., and they know how to use it.

This is true to a very small degree and everything goes back to how they are brought up.  I have known too many beautiful and smart women who are also sweet and honest.  They deserve to get ahead on their merits and not be harassed.

Similar to what Jake said, I have 3 beautiful daughters and I want them to be treated fairly in life.  Any kind of harassment is absolutely intolerable.

• Like 4