Power Induced Sexual Misconduct

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Similar to what Jake said, I have 3 beautiful daughters and I want them to be treated fairly in life.  Any kind of harassment is absolutely intolerable.

The problem comes in with "Any kind of harassment" as it is not clearly defined and has a huge gray area. Men have been crucified for comments like "you look very pretty today" and "thanks hon" - at a restaurant where the same waitress greets her tables with "what can I get for you today sweetie?" (a greeting very common in the southern US). Of course comments like "put out or get out" are clearly harassment and should be treated as such and not tolerated.

• Like 3

ClearSky
Posted
Posted

wealth == stored power (security and influence)

And, ya gotta watch what ppl do; not what they say.

--

IMHO it is like this;

Ladies spend time/money/effort to look as sexy as they can with what they have. Standing in the mirror seeing if there behind is just right. Eyeliner, heals, is the hair just right. I don't think they believe that other ladies are interested in there behind, its for the men. Everyone knows it, I mean why does a swim suite cost as much as complete pants and shirt. For context it is very possible to dress really quality and nice without going sexy.

Men spend time/money/effort to look as sexy as they can AND OR time and effort to get more money.

Laws should be enforced, strictly, such as don't touch, don't detain, don't rape, etc...

Question is; why is it always the same sort of guys that end up in trouble. Part of the answer is that it is those guys that the women really want to be around. Many ladies really don't want to be together with a really nice and boring guy, unless he has enough power that she can either take or indirectly use.

Its not that ppl are bad, it is that they are people (really smart animals).

For a formula how to behave and not be boring or a jerk, watch some old Cary Grant or John Wayne movies.

• Like 4

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, ClearSky said:

For a formula how to behave and not be boring or a jerk, watch some old Cary Grant or John Wayne movies.

"McLintock" for example? :smile:

If you haven't seen the movie try a search on "Image poster John Wayne McLintock"

davewe
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, ClearSky said:

I'm gonna have to at least partially disagree with this. I am a big old movie fan. Watch nearly any old movie and you will see behavior or hear dialog that would be considered inappropriate today and in most cases would simply not be allowed in a movie. John Wayne? In Rio Bravo a 50+ Duke is getting involved with 22 year old Angie Dickinson, who the director managed to get into a series of delightfully skimpy outfits. No way a major movie with the biggest star in the world would be allowed to do that today.

Bogart and Cagney hit women in a couple of their movies and consistently "degraded" women. Now I don't think they really were degrading but by today's standards they were.

My wife's 13 year old sister and her cousin are staying with us for a few days. They asked to watch a comedy so I put on an old favorite, Animal House, that I hadn't watched in years. The girls laughed hysterically at John Belushi. I watched and enjoyed the movie again but couldn't help but realize that in today's environment you could never film some of the funniest scenes, all of which would be considered horribly offensive, though funny as hell.

In real life Cary Grant doggedly pursued Sophia Loren (and could you blame him) who was married to Carlo Ponti (Cary was married too). Although it does sound like she liked being "harassed" by him. 

• Like 3

ClearSky
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, davewe said:

I'm gonna have to at least partially disagree with this.

Not the first time someone disagreed w/ me .  

I seen a lot of really good hearted nice guys get mowed down by ladies.  And is seen it go the other way also.   For me personally the sun and moon sets on my Filipina and has for years. 

I still would hold w/ my advice.  It works well for me and many others I have seen.  But your right,  it is not for everyone.  If what someone is doing is already working well for them then stay the course.

Thanks for sharing an apposing viewpoint.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 12/2/2017 at 2:24 AM, not so old china hand said:

"McLintock" for example?

I have found the part where they really know how to treat a girl in the old Westerns like that.  :2245_safe:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

bows00
Posted
Posted
On 12/1/2017 at 7:44 PM, Snowy79 said:

In the UK I've a few liberal friends and a couple of staunch feminists who have left themselves open to double standards. They post a lot of stuff online pretty much blaming men for the problems in the World. 

Probably one of the reasons why men run to the Philippines to find real women.  

• Like 3

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

My eldest daughter is blonde blue eyed and gorgeous , I told her that if any man becomes a pest to let me know ,her reply was ,but dad I couldn't do that , you'd kill him ??

You can't win 

• Like 3