Hotel bookings online.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 12/4/2017 at 7:45 PM, not so old china hand said:

Ctrip

Thanks for the tip.  I have not used CTrip until now but I found a flight on there which cost me almost half what I would normally pay, and this over the Christmas break when there usually are no specials available.  I will surely use them again in the future.  The price was so good that I am concerned this may be "too good to be true" so I hope you can confirm for me that CTrip are a reliable company. :5714137783ea0_1(172):

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Thanks for the tip.  I have not used CTrip until now but I found a flight on there which cost me almost half what I would normally pay, and this over the Christmas break when there usually are no specials available.  I will surely use them again in the future.  The price was so good that I am concerned this may be "too good to be true" so I hope you can confirm for me that CTrip are a reliable company. :5714137783ea0_1(172):

Apparently they own Skyscanner and are one of the largest travel companies in China.

• Thanks 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I hope you can confirm for me that CTrip are a reliable company. :5714137783ea0_1(172):

Hi Dave,

I have used them on and off for well over ten years and I have always found them completely reliable. As with all online sites, sometimes they offer the best prices and sometimes not.

They are a huge company, dominating the vast market in China, and by internet standards, well established (1998 or thereabouts).

:56da64aa52228_23_9_101:

Edited by not so old china hand
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
allancomeau
Posted
Posted
On 11/30/2017 at 11:30 PM, BrettGC said:

I tend to stick with Agoda, AirBnB and in a pinch Booking.com

A friend of mine had a very unpleasant experience with Booking.com   In short she was gravely deceived and Booking.com refused any responsibility.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, allancomeau said:

In short she was gravely deceived and Booking.com refused any responsibility.

Definitely in short. :smile: