Dengue Vaccine

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted

VACCINE MAKER WARNS DENGUE VACCINE CAN CAUSE SEVERE DENGUE

This is scary stuff. I would think twice about taking or giving this vaccine to a loved one. 

https://www.infowars.com/vaccine-maker-warns-dengue-vaccine-can-cause-severe-dengue/

• Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Isn't infowars one of those fake news websites.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Gary, yes sometimes the news from that source is slanted. I fact checked this, the information is correct there are in fact some issues with the vaccine under certain conditions.

Edited by Old55
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Very interesting subject, seeing this topic affect not only PI's but all expats in the PI's as well. Any doc's on the forum that can input on this, I would personally appreciate immensely. :9436: Don't want to end up like this bloke.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Sunstar Cebu reported today that the Department of Health has suspended distribution of the vaccine pending further information.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2017/12/02/doh-suspends-distribution-dengue-vaccine-577742

• Like 2

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Gary D said:

Fake? I suppose that depends on your politics and mental objectiveness. Biased? Absolutely! I get my news and information from a variety of sources from both sides of the political spectrum. I then decide what is valid and what is fake. I wish more people did the same.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jeff R Us said:

Fake? I suppose that depends on your politics and mental objectiveness. Biased? Absolutely! I get my news and information from a variety of sources from both sides of the political spectrum. I then decide what is valid and what is fake. I wish more people did the same.

Alex Jones has come up with some really wild stories over the years, so I could understand how someone might describe it as a "Fake news" website.  I am a conservative but I would give anything I read there extra, extra, extra scrutiny.

Howard
Posted
Posted

I don't know how this reflects on Alex Jones and infowars because If you look at the press release link in the story you will see that the manufacturer is saying the same thing about the vaccine. Here is their quote.

Based on up to six years of clinical data, the new analysis evaluated long-term safety and efficacy of Dengvaxia in people who had been infected with dengue prior to vaccination and those who had not. The analysis confirmed that Dengvaxia provides persistent protective benefit against dengue fever in those who had prior infection. For those not previously infected by dengue virus, however, the analysis found that in the longer term, more cases of severe disease could occur following vaccination upon a subsequent dengue infection. 

• Thanks 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Howard said:

I don't know how this reflects on Alex Jones and infowars because If you look at the press release link in the story you will see that the manufacturer is saying the same thing about the vaccine.

Yes, agree.  That was a bit of a side topic brought up.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Gary D said:

A 2011 Rolling Stone article described Jones as "a giant in America's conspiracy subculture,"

That from his own "infowars" site.  So fake news vs conspiracy theorist depends on your point of view.