Use The Power Of The Forum

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted

There is leverage in numbers.

I am curious to know if there has been any discussion, on or off this forum, about setting up exclusive partnerships with other business entities such as travel agencies, companies, banks, etc. The owner of this forum or any individual or group authorized by the forum owner could approach a business to set up an exclusive partnership. Whereby, the business gets the members business and the members get preferential pricing and service. The opportunities are endless and both would benefit enormously. Examples: My Rotary Club which consisted of 70 plus members, established an agreement with a local travel agent, who was not a Rotarian, and received unbelievable savings on our travel needs along with service 2nd to none. We were also the 1st to received last minute travel deals that many of us could not afford to pass up. For instance, a group of us traveled round trip, Chicago-Las Vegas, hotel with breakfast included for 3 days, two nights for $99. Five days, round trip Chicago-Honolulu and hotel for $248. My contractor association which consisted of 100 plus contractors partnered with a national insurance company and we received rock bottom rates that no other company could match. With so many topics and discussions on this forum about saving money and all the complaints about slow or poor service, this can and should be done people. Also, I would limit it to paying members only. It could grow the forum and help provide funding to maintain the forum. I personally used this forum for free before I joined and donated. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

The concept is excellent and I for one would be interested.  Matter now for the Administration.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

CMI,(Count Me In).  I too would be interested if this gets off the ground.  Do we have any members who were in sales that could help out?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Before this goes any farther please contact the forum owner?

I think it’s a great idea.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jeff R Us said:

My Rotary Club which consisted of 70 plus members, established an agreement with a local travel agent,

Im staying quiet as I know this has been done before by bigger forums than this but the one thing they have in common is the fact for example nightlife forums are attached to the nightlife and more so Angeles so when you talk abou local business then much easier as thats the location where most of their members are or visit so it's easier to get deals but look at our membership ? Will a deal in Cebu suit someone living in say Davao because unless it's a deal done by internet as in online there is no benefit for that member.  Easy said but not so easy implicated unless most are in the same location.  Just my opinion. 

• Like 5

Clermont
Posted
Posted

JGF I think it was about services, not only nightlife entertainment. Hotel chains, airfares, restaurants and don't forget, Jolly Bee, the list goes on. But like has been said it will take a lot of work to set it up and this forum is only a baby in the business world in the PI's. :thumbsup:

Good thoughts but. :89:

• Like 3

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Im staying quiet as I know this has been done before by bigger forums than this but the one thing they have in common is the fact for example nightlife forums are attached to the nightlife and more so Angeles so when you talk abou local business then much easier as thats the location where most of their members are or visit so it's easier to get deals but look at our membership ? Will a deal in Cebu suit someone living in say Davao because unless it's a deal done by internet as in online there is no benefit for that member.  Easy said but not so easy implicated unless most are in the same location.  Just my opinion. 

A valid point! I only mentioned my Rotary Club as an example to some of the gains that can be made using the concept. I also mentioned my Contractor Association who's membership consisted of contractors from all over the U.S. Hence, the pact with a national insurance company was established to benefit all the members. A perfect scenario would be to contact, lets say, a travel agent that would be willing to take this on and put forth the effort to find the deals and work diligently on our behalf. All of my travel arrangements have been conducted online with an agent out of Florida. Unfortunately, she is now retired after working 30 plus years in the industry. One of our biggest concerns is health insurance. I like to think that there are national or global insurance entities that would be willing to get involved providing the numbers were there. The fact is, that as a group, we can have better pricing and service than as individuals. The internet allows us to conduct most, if not all of our business online. Think airline tickets, hotel accommodations, INSURANCE POLICIES. 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jeff R Us said:

The fact is, that as a group, we can have better pricing and service than as individuals.

I'm not sure if the members of this forum comprise a large enough group to get preferential treatment by businesses.  And the needs of the group are fairly wide so targeting a business that we all need is not easy.  I don't think airlines or insurance companies would pay attention to us.  Perhaps an individual travel agency or individual insurance agent?

By contrast, I belong to some car clubs where there is a very focused need (car parts and accessories) with a larger group (500+ active members) so it is rather easy to negotiate some discounts or do "group buys" in large quantity to get a nice discount.

It also require some active management by the group so quite a bit of time is involved.

Perhaps the BI would be a good target business to negotiate with?  :smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Clermont said:

JGF I think it was about services, not only nightlife entertainment. Hotel chains, airfares, restaurants and don't forget, Jolly Bee, the list goes on. But like has been said it will take a lot of work to set it up and this forum is only a baby in the business world in the PI's. :thumbsup:

Good thoughts but. :89:

My point was about local business and the spread out of members not in the one location. I did not mean when mentioning nightlife forums as in availing discounted services in a girlie bar I meant for example restaurants, hotels  etc as the members are mostly based or visit Angeles city so it's convenient for more members as its one location. 

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I was a member of an organization that had an arrangement with a travel agent who would give a good price plus a token payment to the organization when flights were booked to the Philippines. The trouble now with internet access you can do much better shopping around.

• Like 4