What is happening to the Forum?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, ClearSky said:

I can respectfully disagree with anyone, or are we looking to have everyone agree ?

No way am i ever going to say this , what I am saying is there are ways and ways of disagreeing, many times i have said as others have it is not what we say but the way we say it :thumbsup:

Jack:whistling:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, ClearSky said:

I can see you dedicate a huge amount of time to this forum. I don't think everyone else in every other place is in the same good position,

My Friend, Thank you for this observation and the comment, When the time is right and I have sorted out the wheat from the chaff on some issues I will tell people ( those that don't really know me that is) why I dedicate time and effort on behalf of all members here and it may bring to light why I opened the Topic but that is for another day :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I think as long as those that go completely over the top are wound in it's healthy to debate some controversial issues

Ahh yes, but then they shoot the messenger.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Too much of society is getting sanitised these days that people are frightened to vent their opinions in public

I agree but here in the PI we have to be so very careful in what we (the Foreigner) have to say and most certainly how it is said. Venting in Public  (and we know that these Forums are read by those that need to) is getting to be somewhat controversial itself. Social media is not Private and of Late I have heard of 2 more people that I have met have been served with summonses based on the Anti - Cyber Laws here, Both are Foreigners  and complained badly/wrongly about Globe Communications.  It is what it is so why make ourselves our own worst enemy.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'd certainly make everyone aware that you just don't mix with politics or any sort of demonstration over here. 

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I for one have read all comments on this issue and although I have written on controversial articles in past, I think on a few circumstances this little story might explain a few issues on this site.

When I first met my wife she told me something that wasn't quite right, my response was bull sh---, she burst out crying, I couldn't see anything wrong with what I'd said, a common word here in Aussie. It took me all day to get the PI meaning out of her, I'd put her down, demeaned her and made her feel useless, didn't I feel a real mongrel.

Now seeing were from all corners of the world and with different worldly views, maybe some of the text written is taken out of text by cultural and language misunderstanding. Like one post said, skip it and move on if it doesn't agree with your train of thought or try to understand the wording in the post.  :28: Tis that time of year so let's all join this jolly old fellow.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I take offence to people posting Christmas posts. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Snowy79 said:

:89: Only now? some have been doing them since the Start of the BER months, you been Sleeping too much:whistling: :smile:

• Haha 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

See it's working already, the post I posted,

14 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

got a laugh out of a (grumpy or humbug or scrooge Mcduck, ) :hystery:

• Haha 2