Looking for suggestions on where to stay in El Nido

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If approved, the proposal would see the currently congested town centre declared a “walk zone”.

That would be special.  I have only seen that in two other Philippine places.  In Moalboal down by the resorts there is a walking street, but mainly its just that way because it does not go anywhere that a vehicle would be able to go and there is no parking there so its an easy decision on that street.  The other place is on the boulevard in Dumaguete.

But if a motorcycle can get down it they will.  Needs to be constantly policed.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Good news JGF f they enfirce it, but when I was there a couple of weeks back the roads were all being used 24/7 and the lagoons were overcrowded. To the extent that at one I just stayed on the boat. 

Does say if approved so I guess it has not passed into law yet. 

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 12/7/2017 at 2:20 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Last year alone, the town welcomed 126,000 visitors.

That is a very small number for tourists. That is only 345 tourists per day, if they stay 3 days on average, that would be only 1000 tourists there at one time.  Maybe at peak they have 5k - 10k tourists in town. That is not very much when compared to some other tourist areas in the Philippines.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, earthdome said:

That is a very small number for tourists. That is only 345 tourists per day, if they stay 3 days on average, that would be only 1000 tourists there at one time.  Maybe at peak they have 5k - 10k tourists in town. That is not very much when compared to some other tourist areas in the Philippines.

I think their numbers might be in line with Filipino time in that they'll be nothing like the real figure. When I book online there are a good percentage of the hotels I like fully booked and if you've ever been to El Nido you'll realise there are literally hundreds of hotels and bed and breakfasts. Maybe they are recording one guest for the BIR and one for the owner :whistling: .

Just on the tours alone I'd hazard a guess that there are over 50 bancas holding between 14 to 35 people each that leave every morning from the beach. I've also seen queues forming outside some of the better restaurants and also take into consideration that Corong Corong used to be separate from El Nido but due to construction they now join up I'd say they have enough accommodation for over 10,000 people. Fitting them into a couple of main streets each only about 500m long is a push.