Air Con (inverter type)

RBM
Posted
Posted

I know there has been threads about this how ever unable find them. Perhaps somebody can point me..

Alternatively if anyone has had a good run with a 1 HP window type, preferably invertor air con love to hear the brand name. Appears to be so many available does become confusing. My understanding is investors use less energy and are quieter. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, RBM said:

I know there has been threads about this how ever unable find them. Perhaps somebody can point me..

Alternatively if anyone has had a good run with a 1 HP window type, preferably invertor air con love to hear the brand name. Appears to be so many available does become confusing. My understanding is investors use less energy and are quieter. 

Well I have as I have said before got "Daikin"  and am more than happy, yes my Inverter types are quiet and not that expensive to run  the Cleaning is  fairly cheap as long as they are done regularly ie 4 times a year here due to the dust, cleaning is a must as dirty Inverters will slow the unit down and become costlier to run. Main problem is the Fan

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well I have as I have said before got "Daikin"  and am more than happy, yes my Inverter types are quiet and not that expensive to run  the Cleaning is  fairly cheap as long as they are done regularly ie 4 times a year here due to the dust, cleaning is a must as dirty Inverters will slow the unit down and become costlier to run. Main problem is the Fan

Thanks for that Jack, not familiar with brand, is it available most appliance Stores? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, RBM said:

Thanks for that Jack, not familiar with brand, is it available most appliance Stores? 

Oh yes they are a very large supplier, I believe you can buy online; but for some research read the link;

http://www.daikin.com.ph/

Best of Luck in shopping Bruce :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, RBM said:

a 1 HP window type, preferably invertor air con love to hear the brand name.

I have heard great things about Hitachi but its out of my price range (about 30,000) The link goes to one that is for sale on Lazada.  It looks like this:

Hitachi.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Oh yes they are a very large supplier, I believe you can buy online; but for some research read the link;

http://www.daikin.com.ph/

Best of Luck in shopping Bruce :thumbsup:

Lazada have a split 1 HP  at 19000, probably my best bet according  to electrician. Could not find at Robinson's or Centrum so looks like Lazada. Thanks again Jack.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, RBM said:

Lazada have a split 1 HP  at 19000, probably my best bet according  to electrician.

That will come without any supplies to install it so your installer will have to buy a lot of stuff.  Add in his labor and I will give you an estimate of 6,000 pesos parts and labor for installation and I think I am low, depending on the ease of installation.  Let me know when its done if I am in the ball park.

RBM
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That will come without any supplies to install it so your installer will have to buy a lot of stuff.  Add in his labor and I will give you an estimate of 6,000 pesos parts and labor for installation and I think I am low, depending on the ease of installation.  Let me know when its done if I am in the ball park.

Cheers Dave, cannot see it for sale doing simple on line search, would of preferred buy in Bacolod but guess it is what it is. At P19000 plus say around P6k for extras be acceptable,  my electrician is a friend and it's the up to me scenario. Not sure the other extras you refer to.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, RBM said:

At P19000 plus say around P6k for extras be acceptable,  my electrician is a friend and it's the up to me scenario.

Sounds good.  I was anticipating that your friend would do the electrical.  That would be over and above the installation of the aircon outside unit, (including having a bracket welded up and installed) plus the install on the inside unit and the linking of the two with the insulated copper piping that will run many hundreds of pesos per foot, so keep the outside unit as close as you can to the inside unit and you will be find at about 6K for the parts and labor of the install.

Mine cost me 6.5K to install. Like you, I also bought a 1 hp Daikin split unit on Lazada for 19K.  Fortunately I had existing electrical supply there so there was no charge for the electric hook up or it would have been about 8.5 for the install.  You have an electrician friend for that part but unless he is an air con installer, DO NOT let him install the aircon.  My friend is also an electrician and all round contractor but he knows enough to get a pro to do the plumbing install of the split unit.

Mine is working great 9 months after the install.

EDIT:  I forgot to say mine is not an inverter type.  I have not seen one for 19K that is an inverter type.  Its too late for me now but if you got an inverter type Daikin split for 19K you should share the link.  That's a good deal!  Or check the fine print as it may not be the inverter type you wanted.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

He originally said window type, possibly inverter type.  If he is going from window to inverter, there will be additional costs to patch the old hole, if desired, or just cover and seal it.  If you put plywood on both sides of the hole, they make a great rat house!  :smile:

I have two old window types in bedrooms that I would like to replace.  When I priced window type with inverter, they seemed very high.  I think also 1 hp inverter window type is not common.  Most are more powerful.

I will probably go with small splits when the time comes.  Splits are so much quieter inside and good for bedrooms.

We did not have a local Daikin dealer when I bought my splits, so I bought Carrier.  There is a new store going up here, and they already have a Daikin sign up, so maybe I can get Daikin next time.

• Like 2