New Peso Notes

Jumper0155
Posted
Posted

When did these new notes come out?  Anyone know when the previous version will have to be turned in by?  I still have about 25,000 pesos or so from my trip last month and would not want them going out of circulation before I return.

Thanks in advance!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jumper0155 said:

When did these new notes come out?  Anyone know when the previous version will have to be turned in by?  I still have about 25,000 pesos or so from my trip last month and would not want them going out of circulation before I return.

Thanks in advance!

I dont believe they are going out of circulation, just enhancements. Soon they are looking at braille for the blind. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for sharing this we only visit once a year could be an easy victim.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I dont believe they are going out of circulation, just enhancements. Soon they are looking at braille for the blind. 

Jumper, from what I've read in the Cebu Sunstar lately, JGF is right. Many of these banknotes are coming out in the near future, or are already out in circulation now. They are just changes and enhancements as he said, and are not replacing any existing peso bills.  

It seems that from time to time the Philippines change their banknotes to reflect National heroes, new presidents etc. This is not something new for them.

FYI there is also a new 5 peso coin coming into circulation, or already out now.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

FYI there is also a new 5 peso coin coming into circulation, or already out now

I hope they keep making the 5 centavo coin and do not change it.  They work really well for washers, are cheaper than steel, and will not rust like steel or iron.  At least that is what I heard, have not done it myself as that would not be legal. :whistling:

• Haha 4