Christmas time Neighbours accident scam? (You can't make this up can You? )

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Talking to someone late yesterday evening  and reading a couple of posts elsewhere it seems the usual Pre- Christmas "Fake" accident scam has raised it's head again ie, your dog bit my son, You hit me on your Motorbike. scratched my car and other seemingly similar stories that are easy  to make up  and then  they say pay xxxxx peso and we won't report it :whistling:

Talking to our Local PO3 this morning he tells me yes, it is happening, so he said OK, take it to the Captain (if it happens to you) to Mediate but talking to My wifes company Lawyer this morning she says that many times these issues are in a share situation and the Barangay Officials have been know to be in on a Scam like this, so she suggests going to the Halls of Justice, find the City Prosecutors office and file an Affidavit of Denial of Charges, (that is free by the way) this will then make the Captain and the Council  know that you mean business on this, they 9/10 times back off, Always remembering to do things the right way and not aggravate those that accuse  you or your family (It ain't healthy) What she tells me, is that once the Courts are involved in any way, these things tend to go away. (as they should)

Should there be any sought of reprisal of this, the Captain will already know what the problem is all about and Should  :89: take the necessary action to ensure we  (Whoever) are not troubled further, Yes I know where we are but Forewarned is forearmed on this sort of so very easy scam

My bit for today folks, let's be careful out there:thumbsup:

Good advice,My neighbour told me a while ago that if I get any problems to go and see him,except anything to do with drugs.He works for the department of justice so I should be ok.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yeah the wife enlightened me on this scam, I don't know much about them, but how do body cams and vehicle cams work, even if you don't know how they work, be a bloody good conversation piece while having a beer at the local if you're wearing a body cam.  :89:

If the locals ask too many questions, just wing it with lies. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Talking to someone late yesterday evening  and reading a couple of posts elsewhere it seems the usual Pre- Christmas "Fake" accident scam has raised it's head again ie, your dog bit my son, You hit me on your Motorbike. scratched my car and other seemingly similar stories that are easy  to make up  and then  they say pay xxxxx peso and we won't report it :whistling:

Talking to our Local PO3 this morning he tells me yes, it is happening, so he said OK, take it to the Captain (if it happens to you) to Mediate but talking to My wifes company Lawyer this morning she says that many times these issues are in a share situation and the Barangay Officials have been know to be in on a Scam like this, so she suggests going to the Halls of Justice, find the City Prosecutors office and file an Affidavit of Denial of Charges, (that is free by the way) this will then make the Captain and the Council  know that you mean business on this, they 9/10 times back off, Always remembering to do things the right way and not aggravate those that accuse  you or your family (It ain't healthy) What she tells me, is that once the Courts are involved in any way, these things tend to go away. (as they should)

Should there be any sought of reprisal of this, the Captain will already know what the problem is all about and Should  :89: take the necessary action to ensure we  (Whoever) are not troubled further, Yes I know where we are but Forewarned is forearmed on this sort of so very easy scam

My bit for today folks, let's be careful out there:thumbsup:

Every single angle is covered, isn't it? I don't know whether to be envious or horrified.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Every single angle is covered, isn't it? I don't know whether to be envious or horrified.

Be very awary my friend not every angle is covered :smile: please don't make too light of things that happen here :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for sharing this with us Jack. Useful information God forbid we ever need it.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Clermont said:

Yeah the wife enlightened me on this scam, I don't know much about them, but how do body cams and vehicle cams work, even if you don't know how they work, be a bloody good conversation piece while having a beer at the local if you're wearing a body cam.  :89:

If the locals ask too many questions, just wing it with lies. :whistling:

It would be no good wearing a body cam at my local, the conversation would just be full of 'beeps' 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2