when do i give up my business and start chilling

jman
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Reboot said:

Were you once special forces?

if i was i would i would have money/capital to start up a business!

• Like 1

jman
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, bows00 said:

And I agree.  Your spelling needs work.  Your thread is very hard for me to understand.  So bottom line, you are a single, smoking, drinking 54 year old with $400K saved up and currently working a job that pays $8000/month working 2 days a week... and you are contemplating retirement...

Does that summarize what you were trying to say?

i rarely drink now

mogo51
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, bows00 said:

Does that summarize what you were trying to say

Either that or he is trying to take the p..s, I suspect the latter.

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

So....."Retire or work?" is the question. Tough one for many a man.  Sorry for the death of your close friend and I assume from what I read, your loyal  and dependable business partner. If so, I can understand why you are at a serious re-evaluation point in your life.

Your financial situation sounds most admirable. If you managed to save an average of 40K/yr. over 10+ years, it doesn't sound like earning and managing your money is any big problem for you.  Your position would be envied by many re-tired and nearly retired expats, I would think.

If you have your drinking under control, that's another major threat to your well-being solved.

The smoking, diabetes and high stress are what's left to deal with, from what you wrote. You are, no doubt, aware of many proffered solutions to these endemic health threats. Maybe its time to try a few, since it sounds like you're ready to make some major changes in your lifestyle. You know the old saw.... if what you're doing isn't working, change what you're doing or you can expect the same results. Even small step changes can often often produce surprisingly out sized positive effects. 

I only eat two healthy meals a day and get to the gym once a week to keep my weight under control and my muscle mass from atrophying. I lift weights but not so heavy as to risk any serious injury to lingaments or joints. It also relieves negative emotional stress and produces positive physical stress. Just  a few ideas for you to consider.  Good luck for now. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

So, $1,000 a day for working in an office?

Yes, sounds plausible. :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mike J said:

Casting out the bait, twitch, twitch, . . . anyone biting?  Hmmm, maybe try a different forum? :whistling:

Yeah, I know its a stretch on this one from first impression and given the holes, but this forum is one of time proven  good faith... so if its a troll pitch play, it'll be outed soon enough. Until then, I'll give it credence and play along. 

• Like 2
  • I'm Confused 1

jman
Posted
Posted

if its all true and i did the opposite from the old saying... come with 10 leave with 1... the first 7 ish years cos of low capital have earnings 1k a month i tried and failed at a few businises learning a lot from the fails ie dont do business with the locals and before we get pedandtic the office offer is with US co with an office here and the 3k i earn currently is with a US co by email  i got that contract using freelancer ,com..its more than that but i pay good money to a homeworker.. i am just the face.

do i have the money to refuse the office position,, get out of hated manila and get to a beach the 3k a month contract could be canceled anytime he wants?

thats how i see the question anyway, though others seem to more question me

ps i have recentley broken up over question of kids..1. i feel to old  2. i would defenatley have to keep working

pps ,,, except in one case i know very well... start with around  15 thousand peso  and end up with approx  13 million... and going

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Circling trying to ignore the twitch....

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

I’m simply speechless....well not really, but I’ll not say anything else, or I might start twitching.  Seriously, you Soundclike you are ready to stop, or partly stop, working.  In that case follow your heart and head on to that beach you mentioned doing the part time gig.  Plenty to live on and Manila is not going to do much to improve your health other than having the better hospital when you need it.  Good luck!