I need a Canadian Income Tax preparer

florin1106
Posted
Posted

Hello there...

My Tax Accountant from Vancouver, for some reasons, did not file for me the Income Tax for 2016.

I need to have it filled as soon as possible..I need someone knowledgeable 

Is there anybody who is in the know about help me Fill my Income tax ??  I will travel to your destination and I will pay you of course..

Please get back 

Thank you 

Chuck

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

No on-line filing systems available in Canada? No free or commercial tax prep programs?

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I just googled it out of curiosity. Its all available and many sites are right there.

• Like 1

florin1106
Posted
Posted

Thanks for responding..

Yes I know there are sites but I have never done it and I really do not know how to do it..

Also I have a small income aside which I must add to it...Have no idea how ?

Thanks anyway

Chuck

florin1106
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

No on-line filing systems available in Canada? No free or commercial tax prep programs?

Thanks for responding..

Yes I know there are on-line Income Tax filling of course but I have never done it and I really do not know how to do it..

This Accountant in Vancouver was doing my taxes for me for 30 some years but now he is not responding to any of my emails..Maybe he quit, retired or passed away ??

Thanks anyway

Chuck

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I am sympathetic to your situation. If you have been living on Bohol for a few years, you must have some friends (Canadian preferably, but not necessarily)  around who are computer capable or know someone who can assist you with an e-file, is all I can think of at the moment.  I guess that's what you're looking for here. You are right in that you probably would need to be physically present together to make it work easily and get you started with the on-line assistance systems, if you are unfamiliar with things like this. Most systems are well-tested, well-used and are very user friendly. 

Bar that, I would keep working very hard to contact your accountant's office via international phone calls at a city phone calling service where they make the phone calling connections for you and you pay them by the minute for the phone time.  I am a little P.O'd that it is not simpler.... it my be and I am unaware.  I used to use a Globe ITT (International ) calling card for a few years and would get a 1 month, 40 min load of calling time to all of USA, but they are now unavailable. I bought a Smart SIM card and one of their P100 Sulit IDD cards that says on the back that calls to 'main USA' and Canada are P2.5 min, but it charged me P80 for 5 min. time.  You might get Vancouver  with it for P2.5 min. with your cell phone if you try and can call from home to another Vanc accountant service who might be able to find out what happened to your accountant and arrange to take over your account. Good luck. Hopefully some other Can. ex-pat will advise you for the better. 

florin1106
Posted
Posted

Thank you for replying...

Yes I used to use a Globe Card ( like our phone card in North America) but they do not have anymore..Globe got stiff competition probably and cut it out..!!? Ya, I have already tried to call this Accountant  and there is only an answering machine there..In 2014 his health when I saw him last time was not that good..he is hitting 74..

Here in Panglao Island, Bohol I do know only one Canadian guy but he is going thru some serious trouble right now plus he never done hes taxes alone. He had his taxes done by  H & R Block in Toronto !

He got married to a Filipina, had a small child with her, built a big house ..all was well but he had to go for 3-4 months in Canada to attend some business, family matters etc.When he got back  the Maid of the house call him secretly to a Jollibee sandwich and told him that his wife is seeing the childhood boy friend all the time and he was sleeping in their house too etc etc..The man confronted the wife, she admitted that she still loves the Filipino guy and does not want the marriage anymore!!

This guy is in more trouble that me . My taxes troubles are less than his "annulment ".  He went already to a lawyer and advanced him 60,000 just for the start !!

I will  immediately try this card you are talking about ( Smart)  and see how it goes..

How is life there in Panay ?

All right, again thank you for replying and have a good one 

Take care

Chuck

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 12/8/2017 at 10:23 AM, florin1106 said:

Thanks for responding..

Yes I know there are sites but I have never done it and I really do not know how to do it..

Thanks anyway

Chuck

I'm sure for example these guys will help you and surely its only a matter of filling in details where asked, http://citizen-abroad.com/  

• Like 2

florin1106
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I'm sure for example these guys will help you and surely its only a matter of filling in details where asked, http://citizen-abroad.com/  

Thank you good fellow..

Good , informative and probably helpful site you gave me...I went there and wrote a lengthy mail to one of the ladies who work there..

It is a weekend so they might reply me Monday..

Nevertheless very good site

Thank you sir..

Chuck

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Not relevant to the OP, but it has been mentioned above Globe has discontinued their IDD cards - i believe this is correct. An alternative is to use Skype for calls, you simply buy credit on the Skype system and then can call any number (landline or mobile) for a very reasonable rate. I use it to call the UK and can have a 30 minute call for less than 100 pesos.

• Like 2