Consultant, versus looking for a job

SunChaser
Posted
Posted

I am a newbie to your site, but my 4th Canadian winter here in Cebu. 

I joined this group a few days ago, and am impressed with the people and forums here. 

A few days ago I saw a downloadable document (which I have attached) about taxes and eligibility that was issued by DOLE. I have been to DOLE twice, and being a consultant, seems the way to go. You are able to get work without getting a work permit. 

The only thing I can't figure out is how, or who to pay taxes to?

xxxxx

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum sunchader. I like your name appropriate IMO.

Hopefully someone will have an answer for you.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

First off welcome

I removed your download link without even reading it as who knows if it has a viru attached. New members have rules on links. 

So do not add downloads when  you are new member. If you need to please PM me first. 

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

My bad JGF. I checked it out thinking it was ok should have known better.

🙈🙉🙊

• Like 1

SunChaser
Posted
Posted

Sorry about the attached document. Saw it on here the other day, so thought it was ok. Won't attach anything in future without running it by you. JGF

Thank you for the nice thoughts Old55. 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, SunChaser said:

Won't attach anything in future

Moderator Hat:  It just takes a while until you become a full member.  Full members are encouraged to provide links when required, (subject to certain restrictions that you can find in the rules).  Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, SunChaser said:

Nice to be so, Welcome.jpg :tiphat:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, SunChaser said:

Sorry about the attached document. Saw it on here the other day, so thought it was ok. Won't attach anything in future without running it by you. JGF

It may have been OK but it was a download and if someone downloads to their computer it may of had a virus for all we know as we do not know you so we are cautious with new members who have not gained our trust just yet. 

If possible copy and paste rather than members having to download. I know some PDF wont allow that so little choice. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 2

bigpearl
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum SunChaser, hope you find what you are looking for. Legalities dictate who you will/should pay taxes to and written in black and white no matter the country, do your research well, due diligence etc. Risk factor? 

Your question appears open ended and as a "consultant" should know the answers. As JGF stated don't be posting links that you are perhaps trying to sell or perhaps naively added, you hit the wrong market if that was your aim and if you read this forum will be met with scepticism and no easy sales. If perhaps you are genuine and offer realistic valuable info from personal experiences to the members do the yards on this and I can assure you other sites, earn your merit then there may be a different reaction. Sorry to be sceptical but your initial post smacks of phishing.

Hope my views are not out of line moderators, OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 12/8/2017 at 10:39 AM, SunChaser said:

The only thing I can't figure out is how, or who to pay taxes to?

If you really want to pay taxes just send me your address with an itemized list of all your income from both legal and illegal sources, any donations you have received including anytime someone purchased an alcoholic beverage for you, etc. in a private message and I will happily calculate your taxes and send you a tax bill with information on where you can remit the balance due. ;)

• Haha 1